Restore games/saves

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TurtleP, Jan 17, 2016.

1. TurtleP
    OP

TurtleP GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2015
    United States
    Hi,

I've got my old SysNAND backed up and want to re-add the games and saves from that to emuNAND. I saw a solution about replacing all files and folders in the Nintendo 3DS folder, but won't that ruin emuNAND? I'm using ReiNAND 10.3.0-28.

2. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Did you format your emunand at any point?

3. TurtleP
    OP

TurtleP GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2015
    United States
    I have not formatted emunand, it's an exact copy of sysnand before I formatted that.

4. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Then it should work, but any installed titles after the backup will need to be reinstalled if you replace all the files.

Just drop and overwrite the files in the folder.

Last edited by Tony_93, Jan 17, 2016
  5. TurtleP
    OP

TurtleP GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2015
    United States
    So drag n drop (old backup) Nintendo 3DS to (emunand) Nintendo 3DS. Got it. Thanks!

6. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Did it work?

7. TurtleP
    OP

TurtleP GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2015
    United States
    Almost done transferring. Will reply once it's done.

8. TurtleP
    OP

TurtleP GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2015
    United States
    Awesome, it worked! Thanks!

9. TamDanny

TamDanny GBATemp 3DS Fanatic

Aug 20, 2015
    Mexico
    If it's no problem to interrupt, I'm also in a somewhat similar position. I have a few sysNAND games that I can't play because of the restriction of 9.5 emuNAND on rxTools (such as Pokemon Picross, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, etc.). Although, I formatted my emuNAND once before, but I restored the NAND using Emunand9 (to put it simply: backed up emunand.bin, formatted emuNAND, restored previously backed up emunand.bin. this was all done to re-link my NNID).
    Is re-installing a cryptofixed CIA file of the same game the best way to go, or should I back up my save file, delete the game, install CIA, restore save file? Or rather, is it best to just use a CFW that is compatible with 10.3 emuNAND and update the emuNAND (like reiNAND, CakesFW, or the soon-to-come rxTools 3.0)?

Last edited by TamDanny, Jan 17, 2016