Hacking Homebrew ROM Hack Restore emummc into sysnand?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Did you only restored your emummc backup into sysnand and thats it? For testing purposes I want to do the same (I have my original unmodded sysnand backup if I want to revert back). If you could share how did you do it'll be great.
You should just need to rename the backup files to say sys instead of emu.

Reactions: zerofalcon

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Even though it's been answered, yes it can be done. I would backup the eMMC using emutool and convert it to hekate backup format then restore it using hekate.

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Read what? It makes no sense.
Why it makes no sense? If his switch is already banned or his switch is not connected to internet or protected with incognito+90DNS (yeah... I know Nintendo can have the means/power to ban any suspicious console), or simply he doesnt care at all if his console could be banned, I dont see a nonsense action to restore a emunand to sysnand. Plus, with nand backups there is always a way to restore it to a clean state.

Reactions: fvig2001

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Why it makes no sense? If his switch is already banned or his switch is not connected to internet or protected with incognito+90DNS (yeah... I know Nintendo can have the means/power to ban any suspicious console), or simply he doesnt care at all if his console could be banned, I dont see a nonsense action to restore a emunand to sysnand. Plus, with nand backups there is always a way to restore it to a clean state.
Why risking a ban? The op didn't say that he is banned. And why such a nonsense with restore the emuMMC to sysMMC? You can just restore the emuMMC backup to the emuMMC partition? Why messing up with the nands?

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Why risking a ban? The op didn't say that he is banned. And why such a nonsense with restore the emuMMC to sysMMC? You can just restore the emuMMC backup to the emuMMC partition? Why messing up with the nands?
Hacking/messing with a switch implies different risks, thats something almost everyone know when hacking their consoles. Maybe he needs more storage; why not restoring a emunand backup to sysnand to free space on sdcard with the emummc partition? The tools are there for such things. Only OP knows his own intentions. Making fun of it or disagree with him cant help at all. Anyways, good it can be done!

Reactions: fvig2001

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass