Question Restore clean sysNAND and preparing for emuEMMC

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Darkrai27, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Darkrai27
    OP

Darkrai27 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2018
    Spain
    I have a clean NAND backup from when my switch was completely clean, I think that was 4.0.1, how can I verify it? Now I'm in 6.X, updated through ChoiDojour to add exFAT support. Any guide or thread of how to downgrade again and restore that backup properly? I suppose that my backup is partitioned, because in 4.0.1 switch only supported FAT32 for the sdcard.

Thanks

2. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Do you have boot0 and boot1 also? Did you turn on autoRCM? How many fuses are burnt?

3. Trekker

Trekker Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2018
    Denmark
    If you have boot0/1 and either rawnand or SYS and USER, then you don't need to downgrade just restore your NAND.

However did you install AutoRCM before doing that NAND backup?

4. Darkrai27
    OP

Darkrai27 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2018
    Spain
    I have BOOT0,BOOT1 and rawnand splited in 14 parts. And no, I installed AutoRCM after doing the backup

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yes, I suppose that the same ones than when my NAND was clean, I've been always with autorcm after updating with choidojour, how can I chack it?

5. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Launch hekate and select print fuses.

6. Shadow LAG

Shadow LAG GBAtemp Regular

May 10, 2013
    United States
    I had a rawnand backup without boot0/1 a few days ago and did exactly what you are wanting to do here.

Identified the version of my rawnand backup using this https://gbatemp.net/threads/firmware-version-inspector-get-fw-version-from-nand-dump.515308/

Performed a new backup of rawnand and boot0/1 in case I needed it.

Downgraded from 8.0.1 to the 4.0.1 using ChoiDojourNX and 4.0.1 update files + factory reset.

Restored 4.0.1 rawnand immediately since new boot0/1 4.0.1 binaries were generated.

Booted in once to sysnand for the first time since rawnand restore and performed update. Only problem is 8.1.0 does not support autoRCM now, so if you are wanting that hold off updating through nintendo servers.

7. Trekker

Trekker Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2018
    Denmark
    You can merge your rawnand parts with the "copy /b" command in CMD. You'll need a exfat formatted SD card though.

Last edited by Trekker, Jun 20, 2019
  8. Slim45

Slim45 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    wouldnt just restoring ure 4.1 rawnand boo0/1 do the trick?

9. Darkrai27
    OP

Darkrai27 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2018
    Spain
    But I need to merge the parts of the rawnand or hekate does it automatically??

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Did you downgraded to 4.0.1 adding exFat support with ChoiDojour?? Or without exFat??

10. Trekker

Trekker Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2018
    Denmark
    But why would you downgrade if you have Boot0/1 and rawnand?

You could try to restore with Rawnand parts, but i had trouble restoring USER parts so maybe you will have the same problem.

Last edited by Trekker, Jun 20, 2019
  11. Shadow LAG

May 10, 2013
    United States
    You can use your existing BOOT0/1 backup files if you have them and skip the downgrade process altogether by restoring them. I was simply stating how I performed the procedure with rawnand only. Figured that would be useful to you if you had autorcm installed prior to dumping as it can modify your boot files. Hekate should be able to do it automatically. Just remember to make a backup of your existing BOOT0/1 and rawnand

P.S. I use EXFAT firmware with FAT32 formatted SD card.

Last edited by Shadow LAG, Jun 21, 2019
    Darkrai27 likes this.
  12. yoshimashi

yoshimashi GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2016
    United States
    Is there any way to know if autoRCM was on at the time of backup? I want to do what the thread starter is doing also.. But I can't remember if it was on autorcm or not. I was just following the instructions that was posted sdswitch or something like that so if it didn't mention autorcm before the backup then I wouldn't have clicked on it because I didn't know what autorcm was back then either.

13. Shadow LAG

May 10, 2013
    United States
    Then just do what I did.

Darkrai27 likes this.
  14. Darkrai27
    OP

Darkrai27 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2018
    Spain
    Ok, Thanks!

15. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    I still have not seen a report of OP's fuse count. It matters

16. silentflames

silentflames Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2018
    Australia
    I assume if too many fuses are already burnt it won't work?

17. Slim45

Slim45 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    hekate ignores fuse count

18. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    It's just a jumping off point. When troubleshooting switch problems I always like to know what the fuse count is and if possible the version of sysnand.

Slim45 likes this.
  19. Shadow LAG

May 10, 2013
    United States
    Fuse count is ignored by bootloader payloads such as hekate or sxos. Won't matter for the downgrade / restore at all as long as BOOT0/1 are for the same firmware version as your NAND image.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted