Hacking Question Restore clean sysNAND and preparing for emuEMMC

Darkrai27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have a clean NAND backup from when my switch was completely clean, I think that was 4.0.1, how can I verify it? Now I'm in 6.X, updated through ChoiDojour to add exFAT support. Any guide or thread of how to downgrade again and restore that backup properly? I suppose that my backup is partitioned, because in 4.0.1 switch only supported FAT32 for the sdcard.

Thanks

Trekker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
If you have boot0/1 and either rawnand or SYS and USER, then you don't need to downgrade just restore your NAND.

However did you install AutoRCM before doing that NAND backup?

Darkrai27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If you have boot0/1 and either rawnand or SYS and USER, then you don't need to downgrade just restore your NAND.

However did you install AutoRCM before doing that NAND backup?

I have BOOT0,BOOT1 and rawnand splited in 14 parts. And no, I installed AutoRCM after doing the backup

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you have boot0 and boot1 also? Did you turn on autoRCM? How many fuses are burnt?

Yes, I suppose that the same ones than when my NAND was clean, I've been always with autorcm after updating with choidojour, how can I chack it?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have BOOT0,BOOT1 and rawnand splited in 14 parts. And no, I installed AutoRCM after doing the backup

Yes, I suppose that the same ones than when my NAND was clean, I've been always with autorcm after updating with choidojour, how can I chack it?
Launch hekate and select print fuses.

Shadow LAG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a rawnand backup without boot0/1 a few days ago and did exactly what you are wanting to do here.

Identified the version of my rawnand backup using this https://gbatemp.net/threads/firmware-version-inspector-get-fw-version-from-nand-dump.515308/

Performed a new backup of rawnand and boot0/1 in case I needed it.

Downgraded from 8.0.1 to the 4.0.1 using ChoiDojourNX and 4.0.1 update files + factory reset.

Restored 4.0.1 rawnand immediately since new boot0/1 4.0.1 binaries were generated.

Booted in once to sysnand for the first time since rawnand restore and performed update. Only problem is 8.1.0 does not support autoRCM now, so if you are wanting that hold off updating through nintendo servers.

Trekker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
You can merge your rawnand parts with the "copy /b" command in CMD. You'll need a exfat formatted SD card though.

Last edited by Trekker,

Slim45

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had a rawnand backup without boot0/1 a few days ago and did exactly what you are wanting to do here.

Identified the version of my rawnand backup using this https://gbatemp.net/threads/firmware-version-inspector-get-fw-version-from-nand-dump.515308/

Downgraded from 8.0.1 to the 4.0.1 using ChoiDojourNX and 4.0.1 update files + factory reset.

Restored 4.0.1 rawnand immediately since new boot0/1 4.0.1 binaries were generated.

Booted in once to sysnand for the first time since rawnand restore and performed update. Only problem is 8.1.0 does not support autoRCM now, so if you are wanting that hold off updating through nintendo servers.
wouldnt just restoring ure 4.1 rawnand boo0/1 do the trick?

Darkrai27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You can merge your rawnand parts with the "copy /b" command in CMD. You'll need a exfat formatted SD card though.

But I need to merge the parts of the rawnand or hekate does it automatically??

Did you downgraded to 4.0.1 adding exFat support with ChoiDojour?? Or without exFat??

Trekker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark

Did you downgraded to 4.0.1 adding exFat support with ChoiDojour?? Or without exFat??

But why would you downgrade if you have Boot0/1 and rawnand?

You could try to restore with Rawnand parts, but i had trouble restoring USER parts so maybe you will have the same problem.

Last edited by Trekker,

Shadow LAG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can use your existing BOOT0/1 backup files if you have them and skip the downgrade process altogether by restoring them. I was simply stating how I performed the procedure with rawnand only. Figured that would be useful to you if you had autorcm installed prior to dumping as it can modify your boot files. Hekate should be able to do it automatically. Just remember to make a backup of your existing BOOT0/1 and rawnand

P.S. I use EXFAT firmware with FAT32 formatted SD card.

Last edited by Shadow LAG,
Reactions: Darkrai27

yoshimashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have boot0 and boot1 also? Did you turn on autoRCM? How many fuses are burnt?
Is there any way to know if autoRCM was on at the time of backup? I want to do what the thread starter is doing also.. But I can't remember if it was on autorcm or not. I was just following the instructions that was posted sdswitch or something like that so if it didn't mention autorcm before the backup then I wouldn't have clicked on it because I didn't know what autorcm was back then either.

Shadow LAG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to know if autoRCM was on at the time of backup? I want to do what the thread starter is doing also.. But I can't remember if it was on autorcm or not. I was just following the instructions that was posted sdswitch or something like that so if it didn't mention autorcm before the backup then I wouldn't have clicked on it because I didn't know what autorcm was back then either.
Then just do what I did.

Reactions: Darkrai27

Darkrai27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You can use your existing BOOT0/1 backup files if you have them and skip the downgrade process altogether by restoring them. I was simply stating how I performed the procedure with rawnand only. Figured that would be useful to you if you had autorcm installed prior to dumping as it can modify your boot files. Hekate should be able to do it automatically. Just remember to make a backup of your existing BOOT0/1 and rawnand

P.S. I use EXFAT firmware with FAT32 formatted SD card.

Ok, Thanks!

Shadow LAG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume if too many fuses are already burnt it won't work?
Fuse count is ignored by bootloader payloads such as hekate or sxos. Won't matter for the downgrade / restore at all as long as BOOT0/1 are for the same firmware version as your NAND image.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2