Question Ressources to create Homebrew (C , Python, etc...) ?

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by chrishinji, Jun 19, 2018.

1. chrishinji
    OP

chrishinji Newbie

Newcomer
    May 29, 2009
    Canada
    Hello guys,

I have some dev skills and I want to have some fun creating Switch apps. Sadly, as far as I can see there are no real tutorial for beginners, except those two videos by Modern Vintage Gamer :

• I ported Outrun to the Nintendo Switch - Switch RCM Method and Homebrew Dev Setup Guide :
    • I ported DOOM to the Nintendo Switch in 45 minutes ! :

I was wondering if we could create a topic where everyone could put links to tutorial, videos, document, etc... in order to explain how to create your own app.

I can start by saying that this github give a lot of examples and is probably the best way to go. In order to generate a .nro please watch the first link to youtube.

Last edited by chrishinji, Jun 19, 2018
    Velthazar and Piklz like this.
  2. WerWolv

WerWolv EdiZon Developer

Mar 30, 2018
    Switzerland
    chrishinji likes this.
  3. chrishinji
    OP

chrishinji Newbie

Newcomer
    May 29, 2009
    Canada
    Hello WeWolv I have read your tutorial and it was great. I am wondering if you plan to do a follow up with (ie) a basic project tutorial ? And actually the main question I have is where can I find documentation about libraries and how to use them, especially the graphic one.

4. WerWolv

WerWolv EdiZon Developer

Mar 30, 2018
    Switzerland
    I will do more tutorials once I have time.
    I linked the documentation to libnx in my thread but here is the link: https://switchbrew.github.io/libnx/index.html
    And for graphics, there isn't really much more to it than what I explained in my thread. You get a pointer to the framebuffer and you start writing data to it. There are 4 bytes per pixel RGBA8.

chrishinji likes this.