Gaming Resident Evil Misprint casing on eBay for $104

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.ebay.com/...=item2a1935180a

So yeah, was browsing different sellers and came across this pathetic listing for a copy of the Resident Evil: Revelations misspelled box for $99.99 + $4.00 shipping. Thing that amazes me is they have sold 1. What use is this to anybody who buys it? Here's a snapshot of the listing in case it gets taken down, or when the 2 stupid people decide to buy it and the listing is gone.

schNS.png

uO4DK.png

20120204_010222.jpg

What are your thoughts? Would YOU pay that much to own something like that?

~.~

Super Lurker
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd Suppose it would be of Interest to wealthy 'collectors'. I admit it would an interesting thing to have but over $100 is a bit excessive..

Besides can't you print your own paper to put in the sleeves? If so, that would be the perfect scam.

Reactions: 2 people

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well...that's like saying Zelda 3ds just has a different casing and thus has no more collectable value than a normal 3ds. I for one would (and did) pay more for a Zelda 3ds.
Although $104 for a misspelled case is just....nonsense

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd Suppose it would be of Interest to wealthy 'collectors'. I admit it would an interesting thing to have but over $100 is a bit excessive..

Besides can't you print your own paper to put in the sleeves? If so, that would be the perfect scam.

Very true. The amount though of buying the special paper, and ink would probably cost more than what you'd be able to sell it for which in the long run wouldn't benefit you much.

~.~

Super Lurker
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Very true. The amount though of buying the special paper, and ink would probably cost more than what you'd be able to sell it for which in the long run wouldn't benefit you much.

Not to mention the tedious measuring and cutting involved.
EDIT: In the long run you'd probably only benefit a very minuscule amount at most.

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno... misprint stuff goes way up in value to collectors. Things like misprint Pokemon cards, misprint money, etc... collectors will pay a lot to have that stuff. Stuff like this doesn't happen that often so people want a piece of it when they can get it.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey I remember asking in the original thread for the typo if it'd go up in value.
I lol'd.

Guess it did.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you look, he's already sold one

Yeah he referenced it in the OP post, I had to check it to make sure that it was true...

I can't imagine why people would pay much for that, I doubt that years from now someone will be glad that they sat on it as an investment of any kind.

When i was younger I remember this one guy in a local game shop used to keep trying to sell a mis-printed pokemon card for $500. It was a blank card with only white on the front of the card and a partial yellow border around the edge. His selling point for it was "Well the card could be anything. It could be a potion or maybe even a Charazard!" -.-

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling I could find dozens of those misprints (if it's actually real) at my local GameStop. As far as the US goes, Louisiana always gets shafted.

D

Deleted-236924

What proves he actually sold one?
Couldn't he just change the eBay offer to make it say only two are available?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's not like the misspelling is going to be hard to find, the entire first batch is like that. Whoever bought this is gullable to think it was rare.
Only the first batch of the items that were sent to reviewers. The commercially-produced game is perfectly fine, hence the interest in these copies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.