Hacking Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition graphics issue (CFG USB Loader)

anonimos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I come to the forum because I am in need of assistance.

My Wii is softmodded with the Letterbomb hack. I've installed CFG USB Loader to run backed up Wii games on mine, since the lens has stopped reading discs for some reason. My issue is, apparently with Resident Evil 4 only.

Whenever I run its backup, the graphics look strange- not quite what I remember them to be if I ran it from the disc. Almost... too bright, if that makes any sense. It has the Hermes iOS's installed. But whenever I pause the game with the Home button, I get this. Look where it says close and look at the screen overall:

945373_10201322096994416_933870821_n.jpg

As you can see, it's too bright and the Close button looks heavily pixelated and washed out. It seems that the issue only and only happens with this game: I've tested other games, such as Mario Galaxy 2 and Mortal Kombat Armageddon, and they load and play perfectly. What could be causing this?

Thank you very much for the help.

anonimos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I checked, and it's NTSC. I've tried changing to progressive, NTSC and so on but nothing. I'll try PAL later and see.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this helps but I ripped my PAL copy of RE4 and ran it on my CFG loader. The graphics aren't as good as I remember so my guess is that Capcom just got lazy with the port.

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, if I remember correctly the Wii Menu isn't even something that is natively running in the background of every game. It has to be implemented by hand by every developer in every game and early on the Wii's life cycle the assets used to make the menu might not have been completely standardized yet so my guess, it's a small bit of laziness on Capcom's part. :P

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also, it looks likely that since the original RE4 game was 4:3, they probably just fudged it and stretched everything to make it 16:9 widescreen. So to answer OP's question, it's not CFG Loader's fault. It's Capcom's fault.

anonimos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's not what I meant but what you said is true: the graphics were lazily left as is from the Gamecube version.

What I'd like to know is why the Wii menu's Close button is like that and why it's so... bright and whitely. Maybe the game is like that: it doesn't even fill the TV's screen. But eh, it's really a minor issue whose only fault is that it's annoying as hell. The game runs perfectly and has had no hiccups whatsoever. Might as well keep experimenting.

I confess this however: I downloaded the NTSC copy off torrent because I had no way to rip my game onto my WBFS drive- I have it physically (and I'm never letting go ;w; ). If it's due to a corrupt torrent copy, I'll see about ripping my own with someone else's Wii. Maybe my cousin's, next time I'm in San Juan.

If anyone can help me further with tips and the like I appreciate it. I also confirm I ran ModMii and downloaded whatever cIOS's and stuff I was missing. I already had the Hermes iOS's.

anonimos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an update.

I tried forcing NTSC, I tried sneek+all and nothing. Will try other things.

EDIT: Tried forcing, and sneek+all. Nothing still. Even tried changing modes on my TV as well as changing inputs when playing. Still nothing.

EDIT 2: ...I feel stupid now. Fixed: The game's brightness switch, for some reason, was at over 50. I have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER WHAT CAUSED THIS, but it happened.

I'd like to thank everyone who tried to help me. I'm very grateful. Feel free to lock this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30