Resetting Parental Controls

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by drfsupercenter, Dec 5, 2014.

1. drfsupercenter
    OP

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    Asking for a friend who was stupid enough to set up a parental control to prevent his little brother from messing with system settings... and then forgot the key since he hadn't used it in ages.

I know 3DSExplorer has a "3DS / Wii U" algorithm option, but the key the Wii U gives you is longer than what the program accepts - it just turns into 99999999 and obviously gives the wrong response code.

All the tools I can find are for Wii/DSi and 3DS only, nothing for the Wii U. Has nobody cracked this yet?

2. worm28

worm28 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    Portland, Oregon
    Well if your friend has the homebrew channel on his vWii then you can run inspectmii http://www.hacksden.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=150 it will tell you the parental pin. It will not give you the password but if the four digit pin is what your after inspectmii is the app to use.

3. drfsupercenter
    OP

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    So the PIN actually does carry over into Wii mode?

Problem is he's all anti-hacking and doesn't want to mod his Wii U even though I've told him several times the cool stuff you can do with Homebrew Channel. So I don't think that's really an option for him. I can assume he'll just call Nintendo and tell them he was goofing around and put in a stupid PIN that he can't remember, but it would be nice to know a way to do this with a computer like you can do with Wii/DSi/3DS though.