[ Request ] Use your 3DS as a Wiimote!

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Mihanyan, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Mihanyan
    OP

Mihanyan Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2016
    United States
    bashed for asking a noob question xc

kms lmao

Last edited by Mihanyan, Jun 13, 2016
  2. fikatr

fikatr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea
    you can already do it with a bananacia.body.exe.ready

3. FrozenDragon150

FrozenDragon150 Notorious Coffee Drinker

Nov 6, 2014
    Venezuela
    ...Are you serious?

4. fikatr

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea
    sorry i forgot to post a link here it is

5. Mihanyan
    OP

Mihanyan Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2016
    United States
    yeah, i'm pretty serious ;l

6. Pokéidiot

Pokéidiot GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2015
    Brazil
    \n?
    developers are not user slaves.
    And NO, Wiimote uses Bluetooth to stablish a connection, and the 3DS don't has that.
    Basicly, NO.

7. Inorizushi

Inorizushi *yawn*

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    slightly off topic but since we can already send inputs to PC via the 3DS, it would be interesting to see it be able to send gyro and try and use the ir sensor for tracking

but yeah seriously no that won't work

Last edited by Inorizushi, Jun 13, 2016
  8. Cowser the Koopahog

Cowser the Koopahog Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2016
    United States
    Actually, I think that link is dead. Did you mean this one?

xJoelituh and ElyosOfTheAbyss like this.
  9. VinsCool

VinsCool Comfortably Numb

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    To answer the question, it is not possible.

Hardware and software. Also, Wiimotes rely on bluetooth signal, something 3dses don't support.

10. fikatr

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea
    thanks for correcting me m8

11. orly3

orly3 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2015
    I think if the wiiu iosu exploit was released and if a dev had enough interest in making it, then yes it would technically be possible.
    For example; The iosu exploit could technically allow you to use a controller over a local wifi connection, the 3ds could have a transmitter app that could send wiimote buttons and nunchuck (circle-pad) but using the 'pointer' would be hard to do (maybe use the touchscreen as a trackpad? idk). The wiiu could have a background service that receives the inputs and interprets them like it would with a normal wiimote.
    So technically speaking, it could be possible but wiimotes are like <$10 so I doubt there would be many people that would use it let alone develop it.
    The iosu exploit might not allow access to the controller 'service/app/iosu/whatever' or it could be near-impossible to reverse-engineer, but if nintendo can do something very similar with 'smash controller' then it's not impossible :)

12. Pandaxclone2

Pandaxclone2 Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist

Aug 17, 2015
    noun; a particular place or position.
    This would be awesome in spite of its impracticality. Wiimotes aren't really all that expensive but it's a pain constantly having to buy batteries and the list of charging stations aren't the best. Basically all but rechargeable AAs make the wiimote a hassle to use.

13. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    It might be possible when using a cartridge which supports bluetooth (although I only know Pokemon Typing Adventure tho it's a DS game).

14. Pokéidiot

Pokéidiot GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2015
    Brazil
    \n?
    Hardmod the 3DS to put some bluetooth shit on it won't work because the system don't contain drivers for it.
    Yes, 3DS's OS is not Linux to contains plug'n play drivers for almost all the things.

15. Shadowfied

Shadowfied GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 6, 2014
    Would definitely be cool but feels like rotation would be awkward, and how would it work with pointing on the screen?

He was making a request. If asking people to develop things then maybe you should protest against GBAtemp considering they stickied a homebrew idea / request thread. Yeah, he could had used that thread, but still, you criticized the concept :)

16. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Exactly. There is a major difference between requesting an app and demanding an app. Simply requesting is not making the devs slaves, as they are merely putting the idea out for any dev who WANTS to make it. That is unlike what happened a few days ago where a user DEMANDS something like a 11.0 kernel exploit to be made, and then spamming all the devs saying it's their duty to make it.

FrozenDragon150 and Pandaxclone2 like this.