Hacking [Request] SysCheck for the 3DS/N3DS

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably my first request thread but I was wondering if there was a way to check if my Sysnand has all the correct 9.2.0-20 U CIA's on the Nand without reading each one in FBI and hoping that I have the correct version of that specific CIA @cpasjuste is it possible to modify safe sysupdater to check the installed CIA's on Sysnand and tell you if you are missing any, a CIA is not needed, or if it's an older version / different region?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That just checks the NATIVE_FIRM which means you can still have parts that weren't downgraded properly, such as the system settings not working or not being able to play DS games.

From the looks of the code, it's supposed to check more than that.. :huh:

Edit: I'll admit I only took a very, very brief glance though.

Last edited by daxtsu,

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
It just checks NATIVE_FIRM as stated above, and the target version is always 9.2.0-20.

To the OP: I do believe one has to have arm9 access to manage system titles? Or you would be fine with only SOAP titleid version matching?

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just checks NATIVE_FIRM as stated above, and the target version is always 9.2.0-20.

To the OP: I do believe one has to have arm9 access to manage system titles? Or you would be fine with only SOAP titleid version matching?
I'd be lying if I understood what you meant by SOAP and this http://mtheall.com/~mtheall/tmdlist.php is a really big list to look through

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd be lying if I understood what you meant by SOAP and this http://mtheall.com/~mtheall/tmdlist.php is a really big list to look through

Yellows8 left a system update SOAP recorder in that same url you list. I could perhaps, translate that big boy to a more nifty csv file with titleids and it's versions with the system firm by name and write to you a homebrew to check each system title to each line of that csv list, and show to you a list of mismatches (potential upgrade/downgrade errors) without further action. Afterwards you should clean that mess by yourself. (To avoid the homebrew needing arm9)

Reactions: klear

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yellows8 left a system update SOAP recorder in that same url you list. I could perhaps, translate that big boy to a more nifty csv file with titleids and it's versions with the system firm by name and write to you a homebrew to check each system title to each line of that csv list, and show to you a list of mismatches (potential upgrade/downgrade errors) without further action. Afterwards you should clean that mess by yourself. (To avoid the homebrew needing arm9)
I think this would be useful for a lot of people especially downgraders, the reason I started this topic is because I misplaced my original untouched nand from when I was on 9.2.0-20 U and wanted to "recreate" a clean stock Nand backup.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I think this would be useful for a lot of people especially downgraders, the reason I started this topic is because I misplaced my original untouched nand from when I was on 9.0.0-20 U.

I will try to start the development as soon as I sort some internet problems at my home. I will need help translating those soap responses though.

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try to start the development as soon as I sort some internet problems at my home. I will need help translating those soap responses though.
That sounds like a huge undertaking and I dont think I would be of any help at all the gesture is nice but im in no rush for such a thing it was simply an idea but its nice to know it is doable.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
That sounds like a huge undertaking and I dont think I would be of any help at all the gesture is nice but im in no rush for such a thing it was simply an idea but its nice to know it is doable.

It's not a complicated task, but very extensive. The point is to navigate through a soap response and copy the titleid's and it's versions by hand. Maybe a soap scrapper could be faster but I'm too lazy to code one of those.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,
Reactions: Xenon Hacks

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

That's not true, it checks all NAND titles except dsiware games and it's title db can be customized to check against any firmware. The one in my sig has more readable output.

pic
scr_3_top_left-png.36395

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: klear and daxtsu

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
That's not true, it checks all NAND titles except dsiware games and it's title db can be customized to check any firmware. The one in my sig has more readable output.

Ohh, nice update! I didn't saw this one. I was talking about 1.0 which I showed here around Jan 10th.
This is pretty much what I was talking about @Xenon Hacks .

Perhaps this is what are you looking for?

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not true, it checks all NAND titles except dsiware games and it's title db can be customized to check against any firmware. The one in my sig has more readable output.

pic
scr_3_top_left-png.36395
What is it comparing it to though and since 3DNUS wont download these titles since they were removed how would one go about acquiring them?

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
What is it comparing it to though and since 3DNUS wont download these titles since they were removed how would one go about acquiring them?

Like I was about to do, it has an internal database which gets its data from yls8.mtheall.com site. Then it just has to compare titleid's and versions. It even include some titles description. It's very nice.

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I was about to do, it has an internal database which gets its data from yls8.mtheall.com site. Then it just has to compare titleid's and versions. It even include some titles description. It's very nice.
This does the job but now the hard part is actually finding these title and their specific versions :unsure: .

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
This does the job but now the hard part is actually finding these title and their specific versions :unsure: .
Just run the app, it will check your nand for all the titles and versions it's supposed to have on that firm. It will also dump a raw list of all your nand titles with version #'s.

Reactions: daxtsu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM