[Request] SMT: DSO Save Editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by moopas, Oct 17, 2015.

1. moopas
    OP

moopas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2010
    United States
    Hello,

I am looking for a Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked save editor, if there is one, or if anyone is willing to create a simple one for the game. I apologize if there is already one, I've looked for one for a bit, perhaps I'm just blind. Also, while on the subject, if there is one for DSO 2, that would be appreciated as well.

2. SignZ

SignZ Timelord

Jul 16, 2008
    Germany
    While we are at it (and it's mentioned in your post), I also request a save editor for Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker. I'll attach a save when I'm a bit further into the game.

Seriel likes this.
  3. ElyosOfTheAbyss

ElyosOfTheAbyss GBAtemp Addict

Aug 20, 2015
    Please do :)

4. SignZ

SignZ Timelord

Jul 16, 2008
    Germany
    Well, damn. Both Save Manager and svdt red-touchscreen-freeze when choosing the game. :(

5. Ryu Kenshin

Ryu Kenshin GBAtemp Regular

Jul 15, 2015
    I edit the save0.dat's macca data at address 00000504, then add it to savefile and start game but the save0.dat appears to be corrupted in-game :wacko:
    Maybe there's other checkpoint to know if the savegame editted or not, clever Atlus! So I upload my orig save0.dat here for experts :gun:

Attached Files:

Last edited by Ryu Kenshin, Oct 18, 2015
  6. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    I doubt Atlus added a save-alteration check. You probably just did something wrong.

Also, why do you guys even need to cheat? This game is easy enough as it is. There's also an option to choose difficulty.

7. SignZ

SignZ Timelord

Jul 16, 2008
    Germany
    How'd you extract the save? Or are you playing/using a ROM?

8. Ryu Kenshin

Jul 15, 2015
    Yes, I use savedatafiler with GW :yaynds:

9. ElyosOfTheAbyss

ElyosOfTheAbyss GBAtemp Addict

Aug 20, 2015
    How many times have you tried? Also using what hax ?

10. Ryu Kenshin

Jul 15, 2015
    2-3 times, the exact address for macca is 504 but the save is corrupt everytime i edit this value. And I use Gateway on <= 9.2 n3ds :tpi:

11. WulfyStylez

WulfyStylez SALT/Bemani Princess

Nov 3, 2013
    United States
    This checksum was never fully figured out for the original game, but the save format seems to be largely the same. See here.

What they did is they took a checksum (not crc) of the modified data minus that of the unmodified data, and then added that value to the checksum bytes at 0x4. That only supports very minor edits, but it's likely the best you'll get without ripping into the game's binary to figure out the actual method.

12. SignZ

SignZ Timelord

Jul 16, 2008
    Germany
    Ironhax 2.1 or whatever the latest is (also tried with themehax), tried both 5 times. :( Got the same problem with Etrian Mystery Dungeon (both EUR region btw)

13. Ryu Kenshin

Jul 15, 2015
    Well, I tried NTR solution and found out the macca address at 0x082229F8. :rofl2:
    You can follow this guide http://n3ds-cheat.doorblog.jp/archives/40785841.html and write the address:
    write(0x082229F8, (0x0F, 0x42, 0x3F), pid=0x29)
    Note:
    The pid depends on session so it maybe different with your case. And max macca must be 999,999.

Now I see if I can do NTR with SMT Soul Hackers, too.
    Because the save of SMT Soul Hackers hides money value. ;)

And SMT Soul Hackers' macca address is 0x083FF0A0. :p1ng:
    write(0x083FF0A0, (0x0F, 0x42, 0x3F), pid=0x2b)
    And Yen value, too: 0x14448F5C and 0x083FF09C :P

Last edited by Ryu Kenshin, Oct 19, 2015
  14. moopas
    OP

moopas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2010
    United States
    Hey there, just reviving this, and thank you to everyone here. Sadly, I'm not very adept at hex editing or anything, so just seeing if there is, or will be any progress on a save editor for either game in this series.

15. moopas
    OP

moopas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2010
    United States
    Any progress on this? I'm somewhat far in the game, and am only now learning that a MASSIVE amount of enemies have resistance to physical attacks, and since my build was based around strength, I'm pretty screwed, and would like, if possible, a save editor to fix my stats a bit. Thank you to those who have looked into it, greatly appreciated.

16. moopas
    OP

moopas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2010
    United States
    Okay, last bump of this, I don't want to seem too obsessed with this, and know the forum is currently flooding out other posts not related to the new 2.5 hax stuff, so thought I'd just give this one last shot since I saw someone post about dumpiong Devil Survivor info, and thought this game might still hold the interest of some. Hopefully enough to warrant working on a save editor.

17. Ryu Kenshin

Jul 15, 2015
    I don't think it is easy to cook you a save editor for this game, you should follow my guide and use NTR CFW :lol:

dragonboy888 likes this.
  18. dragonboy888

dragonboy888 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2015
    Canada
    The Macca edit worked! :D thanks! By chance do you know anyway to edit exp, level, or skill points?

19. LSDLSDLSDLSD

LSDLSDLSDLSD Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2009
    United States
    Is this the address for Macca for DS Overclocked or DS2 Record Breaker? If it's the former, I'm guessing why it's not working. Would you be able to help with DS2? TIA.

20. Pluupy

Pluupy Woof!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I guess it isn't possible for a Soul Hackers save editor either?