Homebrew [REQUEST] Simple program that uninstalls the AS update

MaiconErick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,

I am translating Pokémon Alpha Sapphire to Brazilian Portuguese, and I'm using the modified GARCs with a custom AS update.
To install it, you first need to uninstall the current update.
I will soon start releasing it, but it is kinda complicated for newbies to uninstall just the update with cia managers, (2 items with the same name, the game and the update) and if you enter System Settings with linked nands, I believe that all of your games will get erased.

My point is, as I'm afraid that some people end up uninstalling the game instead of the update, I need a cia that serves as a single purpose. To uninstall the AS update. Could someone do that for me?
I don't really care about icon/banner.

I believe that this would be an easy task for someone that knows how to develop homebrew, no?

Thanks in advance.

@Rinnegatamante xD

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so the projrct istill going? /o/

symply g to system menu > Gerenciador de dados > 3DS > dado adicionais (or something alike? dados de software? não lembro)
now to be sure wich is what, just be sure it isn't your save :v

MaiconErick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so the projrct istill going? /o/

symply g to system menu > Gerenciador de dados > 3DS > dado adicionais (or something alike? dados de software? não lembro)
now to be sure wich is what, just be sure it isn't your save :v
Yes!!! kkjjkk
I started making a website for the project, just to keep things organized and so I won't lose myself at those 14mb of text haha
Yes, I took some screenshots on uninstalling it by System Menu, but if you have linked nands, it will erase all of your games, won't it?

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
pokemon have so much text I know that feel =3=)/ happily I've got some help with Platinum XD

Not sure... just never enter data management when on sysnand xD
but having linked nand is no benefit nowadays , just get a backup and tinyformat it, so you can back "anytime" how it was.
I was afraid of unlinking when I started but it only gave me headache :v

Btw, want to use a nice logo for the translation, like me? >w> hehehe

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, DevMenu does that. It works with FBI.
DevMenu won't overwrite a program if it already exists, and I believe you are also right that FBI will overwrite.
Honestly though people should start using FBI instead of DevMenu. IMO FBI has been developed well enough now that it works better than DevMenu.

MaiconErick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, DevMenu does that. It works with FBI.
Oh, it worked!
I didn't know about that, because I always used only BigBlueMenu, (for Activity Log purposes haha, I like to open it and see that I wasted over 17 hours installing things)

I'll stick with FBI on the tutorial about installing the update, then.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

pokemon have so much text I know that feel =3=)/ happily I've got some help with Platinum XD

but having linked nand is no benefit nowadays , just get a backup and tinyformat it, so you can back "anytime" how it was.

I have a9lh, so that's no problem for me, I just didn't want to see people end up losing something by mistake.

About the logos, if you're talking about translated logos, I personally don't like to hear "Alfa Safíra", haha
But about the oriental style of them, The Korean Pocket Monsters logo always makes me drool.. So beautiful :>
I still prefer the occidental ones for our alphabet. :x

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh, it worked!

I have a9lh, so that's no problem for me, I just didn't want to see people end up losing something by mistake.

About the logos, if you're talking about translated logos, I personally don't like to hear "Alfa Safíra", haha
But about the oriental style of them, The Korean Pocket Monsters logo always makes me drool.. So beautiful :>
I still prefer the occidental ones for our alphabet. :x
oh I see.. I know nothing about a9lh (eu sempre leio "alho9" hahaha) , it's looks nice but unnecessary for me XD
Oriental logos are the best! XD this is why I "translate" then, if you want I do one with "alfa safíra" for you, but you got it? saw my post?
this one: http://gbatemp.net/threads/my-logo-translations.432877
If you like the korean, maybe like mine too? o3o

Ketchup901

Trophies
XP
Country

Or you know just use a9lh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: