[Request] Mario Kart 7 Single-Player VS Plugin

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Chris_Highwind, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Chris_Highwind
    OP

Chris_Highwind GBAtemp Fan

Mar 21, 2010
    United States
    Mooresville, NC
    How difficult would it be to either make a plugin for or mod Mario Kart 7 to allow the ability to play VS matches by yourself with the ability to change the speed of the karts and the difficulty of the AI? Mario Kart 7's a good game, but my only offline racing options are either deal with slow karts or deal with an AI programmed to make sure I never leave last place at any cost, which lowers the replay value for me, even with CTGP-7, and I don't want to replay all the tracks in a cup in order all the time, since you're not allowed to race the set of tracks you select for StreetPass cups.

Judging from the fact that I haven't seen a plugin or mod like this, I'm assuming it's not possible, but I'd still like to get a full confirmation.

2. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    why not race online. thats pretty much how everyone who loves mario kart plays since mkds and wii

3. Chris_Highwind
    OP

Chris_Highwind GBAtemp Fan

Mar 21, 2010
    United States
    Mooresville, NC
    Because I don't have a WiFi router in my pocket everywhere I go, and I'd just swap losing to AIs with losing to other people. At least the AI doesn't disconnect the game when it's losing.

4. PabloMK7

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

Feb 21, 2014
    Spain
    Yoshi's Island
    Indeed, there are unused strings up to "31th course" probably you were able to select the total number of tracks to play in the development. I once managed to play more than 4 tracks in a GP by glitching the game. There should be a way to create a NTR plugin that allows to play more than 4 VS races, but I'm not sure if a single player VS mode is possible.

Last edited by PabloMK7, Oct 19, 2016
    akira123 likes this.
  5. Tac 21

Tac 21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2008
    Canada
    I'm still interested in making this happen.

isn't their some way... to take the multiplayer vs options and like... have it replace coin runners? as single player?