Suggestion Request: Link's Awakening mod to remove shimmering effect

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by falcorr, Nov 4, 2019.

1. falcorr
    OP

falcorr Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2019
    Australia
    Most easily seen when moving with grass on screen. It's been great being able to mod out the fake DoF blur but removing this distracting shimmer would be perfection (short of improving the performance issues).

swutch likes this.
  2. Syynx

Syynx GBAtemp Regular

Jun 5, 2018
    United States
    Are you talking about introducing AA? Not sure what other shimmer effect there is

3. falcorr
    OP

falcorr Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2019
    Australia
    I believe it's the specular effect. It's like there's a mismatch of resolution - I'm not sure how to exactly describe it. It's very easy to spot though, at least in handheld.

4. Moko

Moko Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2007
    Germany
  5. masagrator

masagrator The developper

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
  6. Moko

Moko Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2007
    Germany
    sorry, my mistake

7. Rasa39

Rasa39 LovesCuteShiz

Aug 16, 2015
    United Kingdom
    You mean the shine/flickering on things like the grass and stuff? That's just the shading style.

You'd need something like that mod for botw that removes the cel shading and makes it look more matte and "realistic".

Is that what you mean?

8. BobsYurUncle

BobsYurUncle Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2013
    Canada
    I believe the shimmering affect you are seeing is the SSAO, which I initially thought was conflicting with the edge blur to cause the shimmering but it even persists with the blur removed.

Increase SSAO sample quality or removing it should fix. Not sure if possible; I don't dig into these game configs like masagrator here.

falcorr likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted