1. falcorr

OP falcorr GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Most easily seen when moving with grass on screen. It's been great being able to mod out the fake DoF blur but removing this distracting shimmer would be perfection (short of improving the performance issues).

swutch likes this.
  2. Syynx

Syynx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Are you talking about introducing AA? Not sure what other shimmer effect there is

3. falcorr

OP falcorr GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I believe it's the specular effect. It's like there's a mismatch of resolution - I'm not sure how to exactly describe it. It's very easy to spot though, at least in handheld.

4. masagrator

masagrator The patches guy

Poland
  5. Moko

Moko GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    sorry, my mistake

6. Rasa39

Rasa39 Pervert Deluxe

United Kingdom
    You mean the shine/flickering on things like the grass and stuff? That's just the shading style.

You'd need something like that mod for botw that removes the cel shading and makes it look more matte and "realistic".

Is that what you mean?

7. BobsYurUncle

BobsYurUncle Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I believe the shimmering affect you are seeing is the SSAO, which I initially thought was conflicting with the edge blur to cause the shimmering but it even persists with the blur removed.

Increase SSAO sample quality or removing it should fix. Not sure if possible; I don't dig into these game configs like masagrator here.

falcorr likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - shimmering, Awakening, Request