ROM Hack [Request Help] XYORAS Model Replacement Glitch

RubyCarbuncle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, new here to these forums, so I apologize if this is the wrong section to post this stuff in, or if a thread has been created on the topic in the past. Since this site is seemingly a lot more active than the previous site I tried to ask this on, I figured I'd try to ask here.

Here's my previous post from the other site.

Hey, hi, how's it going? You never get anywhere in life unless you ask stupid questions, so here I am. I know this has been asked before, but I figured it'd be best to try and get some answers before going knee deep into a bunch of stuff I didn't need to know. I know a "Fair" amount about modeling, but I'm still just a beginner so please excuse my ignorance on the matter. So, I wanted to be able to insert my own custom characters into these games, but figured I'd tackle something a bit simpler first, as I'm still a beginner and need to learn what the limitations of inserting things through Ohana are. After removing May's default bag I applied Trevor's to her body model, fixed up the textures, and it surprisingly inserted itself into Ohana without the typical, "This model has more faces... etc. etc." error. So, I figured it worked. If it did, I wouldn't be here.

To start off, I read this on page 3:

Reisyukaku said:
That's because your custom model's verts are too different from the original so the bones arent binding to the correct verts.

I get that, however I didn't expect the model to become this corrupt since I was still using May's body and figured her bones would still be attached to her model like normal. At most I expected Trevor's bag to be the thing to glitch out like this. Laughably enough, it's the only thing that didn't become a jumbled mess.

Anyway, here's the image of what happened.

untitled_2_by_justinstockert-d9qpj5b.png

Basically, all I'm asking is if there's a way to correct this. Do I need to bind the model to May's original model's bones manually? If so, how? Or is it something else entirely. All I need is to be pointed in the right direction, and I'll do the rest of the research myself.

Thank you for your time.

Two days of waiting for a reply got a tad tedious, so I decided to seek a more populated domain that could help me.

Just as a bit of reference, I have replaced models in ORAS and XY before, however it was the OW models and it was simply placing a new head on a new body, nothing to advanced at all.

Video reference for that below:

My primary goal is to insert entirely new characters over Brendan, May, Steven and what not to make my videos more interesting to watch, rather than just using a re-textured May in all of them, as well as possibly release them to the public somewhere down the line. I expected bumps in the road doing this, now it's about climbing over said bumps.

Sorry for the long post, but I like to clear up any questions all in one go before wasting peoples' time. If anyone can help, or point me in the right direction than it'd be appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s