Hacking [REQUEST]Gamecube Internal Save Files Storage(ISFS)

bin01

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the wii scene needs this application since most of people would like to play GC pearls but not all of them have memory cards or money to spend on them. Wii has a SD slot which could be used to store saves. Also with the GC loader's users getting tons of games the most common issue is running out of space, 59 blocks is not enough. There should be another method to store save files, could be USB or SD.
Is this possible? Waiting for an answer from coders

Meanwhile, if you want this app, post here

WaRMarinE

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Lol, you are right. I still have the 59 blocks memory card and i cant play much of my games
frown.gif

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a great idea, but I doubt it will ever happen. This is why:

GameCube games can not be played in Wii mode. Wii mode is the only way to access the SD card slot or the internal NAND chip. GameCube mode can't.

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At this point, as far as I know, the SD slot is not available to the GC part of the Wii. It may be changeable in an mIOS, but I'm not sure. I believe that what you could do is have a setup where you could use the save backup manager or something to copy GC saves on and off the GC card to maintain space, but I think it would take mIOS hacking to do it natively in GC mode.

krawhitham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the GC memory card accessible in Wii mode?

If so a simple little app to copy saves back and forth from the GC card and SD card would work

Dinoguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you all forgotten thatt there is a tool that installs save on the gc card though I'm pretty sure it is only switching modes to install the save file to the gc memory card. And I'm not sure if the gc memory manager is even on wii mode, but there is a solution to most of your problems(not including money ) you have to make/buy a sd/gc memory card adapter. I think they were used in gc homebrew and action replays.

krawhitham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the GC memory card accessible in Wii mode?

If so a simple little app to copy saves back and forth from the GC card and SD card would work

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just make this?

wiisdgcmem.jpg

If you don't want to open your Wii, you can just run wires between a GC memory card and an SD card adapter.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
code your own app to do it, you know how much work would be needed? alot IE, you need to get wiimode hardware working in GC mode probs with a patch on the GC IPL to bridge the data to use the nand or SD card and not the EXI from the gamecube

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icefireicefire said:

That's basically what I posted: a diy SD gecko.

The only difference is that tying the pinouts together lets Wii and GC games share an SD card.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The SD Gecko was used in gamecube homebrew for things like disc dumping and emulator savegames (since the gamecube didn't have an SD card slot).

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
OuahOuah said:
tueidj said:
Uh, you guys are aware you can't use an SD Gecko for gamecube saves, right?

Hu ?

So what is the purpose of SD Gecko ?
Not USB Gecko, SD Gecko.
It is an empty GC memcard in which you insert an SD card...

Ummm, yeah I know it looks that way, but it's true. SD Gecko only works with homebrew AFAIK (although i did read one time that it may be possible with a more advanced DIY mod, but i think they were mistaken).

(Excluding one or two Japanese games that were designed for use with the official SD adapter.)

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OSW and others are right. You cant use the SD gecko for saving GC saves.

Either can you access the Wii hardware while in GC mode.

BUT

Two best ways I can think of would either be:

Patching games to read and write to a SDGecko instead of a GC memory card, or both.
Or writing a app to transfer the GC saves in Wii mode before playing and then backing them up and deleting them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte