Homebrew [Request] f.lux for 3DS

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Shouldn't be too CPU-intensive, and even then you could always create it as a low priority thread in the background.

The main issue with this whole idea is: how much should we reduce the blue intensity?

There's no detector in o3DS and in n3DS it's locked away because only one process/service can access it at a time (so you'd have to disable qtm)
that's not the main issue at all! once we get to that stage of worrying about how much blue to remove, great. at the start, just remove 'some', or do greyscale, or invert the colors just to play. greyscale would be really cool actually.
let's figure out how to do it first, as in, editing the display.

Last edited by cearp,

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
that's not the main issue at all! once we get to that stage of worrying about how much blue to remove, great. at the start, just remove 'some', or do greyscale, or invert the colors just to play. greyscale would be really cool actually.
let's figure out how to do it first, as in, editing the display.
Sure, as SOON(tm) as editing the framebuffer memory is available to us (given that every title has its own memory location).
I guess you could always scan this and try to edit it, but I personally don't like NTR's plugin system (the SDK is a mess).

If anyone wants to give it a shot, go ahead, but I don't know how feasible this is.

Aether Lion

GBATemp's Pet Lion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, as SOON(tm) as editing the framebuffer memory is available to us (given that every title has its own memory location).
I guess you could always scan this and try to edit it, but I personally don't like NTR's plugin system (the SDK is a mess).

If anyone wants to give it a shot, go ahead, but I don't know how feasible this is.
I mean for now I'm okay with not having it because I just installed a Bernie Sanders theme so my eyes are relieved.

Reactions: Deleted User

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

well an ntr plugin is basically the only way we can do this, unless we do some craz stuff and add it into cfw or something.
yeah i read about different games having different locations but if ntr can dump screenshots from all games (yes?) it should be possible

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
well an ntr plugin is basically the only way we can do this, unless we do some craz stuff and add it into cfw or something.
yeah i read about different games having different locations but if ntr can dump screenshots from all games (yes?) it should be possible
The problem here is that NTR doesn't expose this location to the plugin (or I haven't been able to find it after 40 minutes of searching, which is a bad sign anyways).

As such, it is currently impossible, and doing it from a CFW (ARM9 background thread) is impossible as well unless you do some crazy hackery with 3ds_injector (scan the exefs for fb location patterns, store the location in a file, read that file from NTR and write to that location).

It's insane, will most likely not work, and requires more effort than I'm willing to spend on (and that anyone should be willing to, NTR is more powerful than what it exposes).

Reactions: cearp
P

PaiiNSteven

This is just speculation, but I think it MIGHT be possible by modifying the home menu, like we do to change the text and stuff. Thats all in one cia, i think.

Reactions: Aether Lion

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_2f03cc4uej280ckc8804ckc0w_640.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone