[Request]CIA Installer on PC

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Dioxid, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Dioxid
    OP

Dioxid Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Would it be possible to develop a tool so that you can install from your PC CIA files ??

2. UraKn0x

UraKn0x Official senpai

Mar 20, 2014
    France
    Do you mean install CIAs over network? I kind of remember that was possible a while ago with Palantine's CFW, though I don't know what's possible with the CFWs we have today.

3. Dioxid
    OP

Dioxid Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2015
    Gambia, The
    No , I mean a tool to install cias faster than 3ds.

4. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    I think he means installing directly to a sdcard via a reader, in the hope of faster install speed. If so, the answer is probably something like "something something something encryption keys, ticket.db, not possible right now maybe in the future. "

tranxuanthang and codychaosx like this.
  5. UraKn0x

UraKn0x Official senpai

Mar 20, 2014
    France
    That's impossible. All the PC can do is send the CIA file to the 3DS and then the 3DS installs it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Buy a Gateway or a Sky3DS [/troll]

6. codychaosx

codychaosx GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Is there a way to install the .cia file via network onto the 3ds? probably wrong thread and I'm sure if I research I will find an answer.

I just don't have double the space of a .cia I would like to install. So installing via my network and therefore not requiring double the space would be tits.

lol do people say that anymore?

7. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Im very sure this could be doable at some point in the future maybe using citra and mounting your SD card as the root.