Homebrew Request: C64 emu Frodo compile

MrTea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The latest version of the homebrew channel has unfortunately broken usb keyboard support for the commodore64 emulator frodo.

I contacted the author of the emu but he informed me that he's now moved on to other things and is sadly no longer maintaining/updating the emulator. I asked how to fix the broken keyboard problem and he reckoned that rebuilding it with latest libogc/SDL would fix the emulator seeing the issue is probably in libogc?

My question is would somebody possibly on here with the knowledge please kindly post an updated build of the emulator?

Thanks in advance!
smile.gif

...I guess no worries if not but I'm missing my c64 fix.
frown.gif

MrTea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Category said:
Well, you will not find an app called Frodo anymore, it has changed it's name to C64-network.org.

The download on the WiiBrew page should be compatible with the latest homebrew channel & USB keyboards.

Sorry my bad for posting 'frodo' as I was actually refering to frodo/c64-network... I'm actually one of the committers on googlecode and did all the official artwork for the GUI for Simons newer builds (I'm 'Baboon' on some other homebrew sites).

As originally posted I already contacted the author saying that the newest version of hbc breaks usb keyboard support for the emu but alas he's told me he's since moved onto other things now and will no longer be maintaining this emu and also the amiga emu wiiuae (although he hopefuly might come back to the wii scene at some point).

It was the Simons email that said rebuilding the emu with latest libogc/SDL would probably fix the emulator which Is why I sent out an S.O.S here.

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
masseffectzero.blogspot.co.uk
XP
Country
What libs does the program use? The website isn't too helpful in that respect, and I'm getting compilation errors:-

Code:
In file included from /home/category/dev/frodo/frodo-wii-read-only/Src/Display.cpp:26:0:
/home/category/dev/frodo/frodo-wii-read-only/Src/Display.h:24:17: fatal error: SDL.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [Display.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

The only libraries mentioned are SDL Wii, and I have that installed.

MrTea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Category said:
What libs does the program use? The website isn't too helpful in that respect, and I'm getting compilation errors:-

Code:
In file included from /home/category/dev/frodo/frodo-wii-read-only/Src/Display.cpp:26:0:
/home/category/dev/frodo/frodo-wii-read-only/Src/Display.h:24:17: fatal error: SDL.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

The only libraries mentioned are SDL Wii, and I have that installed.

I emailed the author of the emu your questions and he replied...

"He doesn't have SDL.h in the include path. So first he should look up where SDL.h is located in the devkitpro / libogc directories, and then see to it that he has that in the include path for the build.

Look that up in Makefile.wii, and add a "-I/path/to/where/he/has/SDL.h"

So hopefully that will be helpful to you Category?

Thanks
smile.gif

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
masseffectzero.blogspot.co.uk
XP
Country
Looks like my SDLWii install is completely borked, might have to look into it, obviously some files unpacked incorrectly. Still throwing up errors, seems to have to include files with conflicting definitions of the same struct.

Code:
category@Frohicke:~/dev/frodo/frodo-wii-read-only$ make -f Makefile.wii Display.cpp
In file included from /home/category/dev/frodo/frodo-wii-read-only/Src/Network.h:5:0,
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ from /home/category/dev/frodo/frodo-wii-read-only/Src/C64.h:23,
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ from /home/category/dev/frodo/frodo-wii-read-only/Src/Display.cpp:30:
/home/category/devkitPro/libogc/include/network.h:160:10: error: redefinition of 'struct timeval'
/home/category/devkitPro/devkitPPC/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.5.1/../../../../powerpc-eabi/include/sys/time.h:17:16: error: previous definition of 'struct timeval'

Possibly there were some changes in libogc since C64-Network.org was last updated. I would delve, but I am nowhere up to speed on Wii or SDL to be making sense of what is going on in there.

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this one is tricky to compile under Windows. I think it's a linux job really. I've tried in the past and failed though. Good luck.

MrTea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah thats a shame you guys can't compile this.
frown.gif
...thanks anyway!

Its such a shame the author has left the scene as this emu was one of my favs. Sad times.
frown.gif

MrTea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info Simon. Now hopefully someone on here will be able to fix this and also wiiuae by recompiling?
smile.gif

fabi280

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
On Linux Box:
Code:
# make -f Makefile.wii
linking ... frodo.elf
utils.o: In function `sdl_surface_to_png(SDL_Surface*, unsigned int*)':
/root/frodo-wii-read-only/Src/utils.cpp:224: undefined reference to `png_set_longjmp_fn'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/root/frodo-wii-read-only/frodo.elf] Error 1

On Windows Home PC:
Code:
C:\Wii\frodo-wii-read-only>make -f Makefile.wii
Display.cpp
In file included from c:/Wii/frodo-wii-read-only/Src/Display.cpp:34:
c:/Wii/frodo-wii-read-only/Src/gui/gui.hh:5:20: warning: timer.hh: No such
file or directory
c:/Wii/frodo-wii-read-only/Src/gui/gui.hh:12:21: warning: sysdeps.h: No su
ch file or directory
c:/Wii/frodo-wii-read-only/Src/gui/gui.hh:13:18: warning: main.h: No such
file or directory
c:/Wii/frodo-wii-read-only/Src/gui/gui.hh:14:19: warning: Prefs.h: No such
file or directory
In file included from c:/Wii/frodo-wii-read-only/Src/Display.cpp:34:
c:/Wii/frodo-wii-read-only/Src/gui/gui.hh:107: error: ISO C++ forbids decl
aration of 'TimerController' with no type
c:/Wii/frodo-wii-read-only/Src/gui/gui.hh:107: error: expected ';' before
'*' token
In file included from c:/Wii/frodo-wii-read-only/Src/Display.cpp:35:
c:/Wii/frodo-wii-read-only/Src/gui/status_bar.hh:12: error: expected class
-name before '{' token

EDIT: Also tried it on Windows...
Too busy and too lazy to do more.
I'll compile it if you provide a fix.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
You could install HBC 1.06 (and have two versions installed) and only use 1.06 to launch Frodo. I know it is not the ideal solution but it should work.

Otherwise you could make a forwarder (or change the source code of an existing one and compile it) that points to /apps/frodo/boot.dol and see if that works.

Recnal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A new version of Frodo (aka C64-network.org) has been released:

v2.2 (C64-network.org)
1.Several bug fixes
2.Window zooming
3.General Preferences saved manually
4.Added items in info menu
5.Option to emulate joystick with arrows keys

No idea how window zooming works or why you need to emulate a joystick with cursor keys BUT the broken USB keyboard support appears to be fixed !. I'm on HBC 1.07 & my Logitech USB Keyboard now works perfectly with this release.

Link: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/C64-network.org

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse