[Request]Anyone that has stock vwii ios?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Kaydoe, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Kaydoe
    OP

Kaydoe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2015
    Trying to restore my vwii and wii u to stock so I can update to fw 5.5.1 but even after removing dios mios and installing mios v10 it still refuses to update?
    I tried download mios and other wads with NUS but for some reason the software is acting up
    and kept downloading "Mios v10" for over 1 hour, the directory is over 9gb and it still hasn't finished downloading. I seem to run into the exact same problem no matter which ios i try to download.

I'm currently using NUSD v1.9

and I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to share the stock ios so I can restore and update.

Thanks! :)

The error code I get when it's trying to update is 162-0025

This is how it looks except that dios mios is gone and it only says mios v10 now
    but everything else looks the same and I still can't update my FW
    [​IMG]

Last edited by Kaydoe, Jan 1, 2017

2. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels GBAtemp Fan

Jun 6, 2016
    Netherlands
    South-Holland
    only vios58 could need reinstall, vios236, vios249, vios250, vios251 and mios can just get removed, after that you should just be able to update if you haven't blocked nintendo's servers somewher... this being said... makes it not hackable at the moment, and it will still be in the history list when your wiiu get checked....

3. Kaydoe
    OP

Kaydoe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2015
    Would you perhaps have a copy of vios 58 as a .wad? I'd love to try it and fix it!
    Also what do you mean makes it not hackable? I thought I could update then softmod the vwii / wii u again?

4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I think ur missing several ios. I seem to recall over 30 ios. interestingly, each ios is its own thing isolated from the rest of the ios modules. that's what makes the wii's os so fragile as detailed by fail0verflow.

5. Kaydoe
    OP

Kaydoe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2015
    Care to list / share these with me? I'm really trying to update and fix it but freaking NUS keeps downloading .wads that are waaay over 5-6gb each..

6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I backed up each ios, so those r my pics.

7. worm28

worm28 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    Dont touch ios58 it will brick your vWii and you already have the correct one. The vWii does not have a mios so dont install miosv10 delete dios mios if its still installed. syscheck will give you a file on your sd card root post the results here so people can help you dont blindly install things.

8. dojafoja

dojafoja life elevated

Jan 2, 2014
    BTW its against forum rules to ask for these copyrighted materials. Just sayin' learn how to use google!

9. Kaydoe
    OP

Kaydoe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2015
    I've found it all i'm just wondering how I can overwrite / delete mios? All I keep finding when I search is people that had this issue on wii not vwii.

10. worm28

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
  11. Kaydoe
    OP

Kaydoe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2015
    I have it on my SD but the weird thing is as soon as I boot it up it freezes up on the screen where it asks me which cios to load, what could be wrong? Also the controller dies / powers down aswell when I boot it and refuses to work until i power off the wii

12. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    You can't ask for copyrighted materials here. You can ask about legitimate ways to obtain them from nintendo (like downloading from nus), but no file sharing or links.

13. Brawl345

Brawl345 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 14, 2012
    Germany
    Your problem was installing DIOS MIOS and touching system IOS on vWii. You CAN'T update if you touch ANY of the preinstalled IOS (that's why IOS36 isn't patched). Why do you want to remove them? You could have updated with cIOS without problems.
    DO NOT DOWNLOAD IOS WITH NUSD AND INSTALL THEM ON THE WII U!

14. worm28

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    Are you using anytitle deleter or anytitle deleter mod you want to use the mod one. does your wii u freeze when selecting a cios (you should use cios236 or cios249) or does it freeze on the choose cios screen?

15. Kaydoe
    OP

Kaydoe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2015
    Apparently it was because I was using wii U mote and not the older model but I had one of those too.

you'll have to excuse me being noob and dumb but I'm wondering when it lets me choose cios which one should I choose and how would I proceed to remove MIOS? Thanks in advance bro!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

How? Everytime I tried updating it keeps giving me errors.. Is there any way I can just delete MIOS and update my FW to 5.5.1?

16. worm28

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    It has been so long since i used anytitle deleter mod that i forgot how to navigate it but it is pretty easy you will find it if you look around (just browse the directories) as for witch cios to use you want to use cios236 or cios249

17. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    it requires a cIOS?
    It doesn't use AHB access? if his IOS58 is fine and he launches it from HBC then it should have NAND access without reloading to any cIOS.

unless it's too old and has not been updated to use AHB at all, or is missing the IOS title access patch.

Another and safer way to delete MIOS:
    put the MIOS wad on your SD
    Load a WAD manager.preferably one with AHB access and IOS title patch, for example This one.
    select your MIOS wad
    select uninstall

You'll be sure that you are uninstalling the correct title (and only that title).

dojafoja likes this.
  18. Kaydoe
    OP

Kaydoe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2015

Thanks a million for the advice bro! I think my problem is this: "unless it's too old and has not been updated to use AHB at all, or is missing the IOS title access patch."
    Because I have not updated in a very very long time.. How would one go about to update these files?

19. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    ah, so you still have Any title deleter not "MOD" ?
    did you try the mod version?
    if not, just go the way I described, with the wad manager, it's way safer.

20. Kaydoe
    OP

Kaydoe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2015
    F*****CK YES!!! Finally updated to 5.5.1!! Thanks alot all of you! It's great to run into a forum that's actually filled with helpful members! :)

Cyan and x65943 like this.