Hacking [Request]Anyone that has stock vwii ios?

Kaydoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Trying to restore my vwii and wii u to stock so I can update to fw 5.5.1 but even after removing dios mios and installing mios v10 it still refuses to update?
I tried download mios and other wads with NUS but for some reason the software is acting up
and kept downloading "Mios v10" for over 1 hour, the directory is over 9gb and it still hasn't finished downloading. I seem to run into the exact same problem no matter which ios i try to download.

I'm currently using NUSD v1.9

and I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to share the stock ios so I can restore and update.

Thanks! :)

The error code I get when it's trying to update is 162-0025

This is how it looks except that dios mios is gone and it only says mios v10 now
but everything else looks the same and I still can't update my FW
JNNBt0w.jpg

Last edited by Kaydoe,

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
only vios58 could need reinstall, vios236, vios249, vios250, vios251 and mios can just get removed, after that you should just be able to update if you haven't blocked nintendo's servers somewher... this being said... makes it not hackable at the moment, and it will still be in the history list when your wiiu get checked....

Kaydoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
only vios58 could need reinstall, vios236, vios249, vios250, vios251 and mios can just get removed, after that you should just be able to update if you haven't blocked nintendo's servers somewher... this being said... makes it not hackable at the moment, and it will still be in the history list when your wiiu get checked....

Would you perhaps have a copy of vios 58 as a .wad? I'd love to try it and fix it!
Also what do you mean makes it not hackable? I thought I could update then softmod the vwii / wii u again?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think ur missing several ios. I seem to recall over 30 ios. interestingly, each ios is its own thing isolated from the rest of the ios modules. that's what makes the wii's os so fragile as detailed by fail0verflow.

Kaydoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think ur missing several ios. I seem to recall over 30 ios. interestingly, each ios is its own thing isolated from the rest of the ios modules. that's what makes the wii's os so fragile as detailed by fail0verflow.

Care to list / share these with me? I'm really trying to update and fix it but freaking NUS keeps downloading .wads that are waaay over 5-6gb each..

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Care to list / share these with me? I'm really trying to update and fix it but freaking NUS keeps downloading .wads that are waaay over 5-6gb each..

mjlgy8.jpg

r89e2v.jpg

35cn7rc.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I backed up each ios, so those r my pics.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont touch ios58 it will brick your vWii and you already have the correct one. The vWii does not have a mios so dont install miosv10 delete dios mios if its still installed. syscheck will give you a file on your sd card root post the results here so people can help you dont blindly install things.

Kaydoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've found it all i'm just wondering how I can overwrite / delete mios? All I keep finding when I search is people that had this issue on wii not vwii.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to restore my vwii and wii u to stock so I can update to fw 5.5.1 but even after removing dios mios and installing mios v10 it still refuses to update?
I tried download mios and other wads with NUS but for some reason the software is acting up
and kept downloading "Mios v10" for over 1 hour, the directory is over 9gb and it still hasn't finished downloading. I seem to run into the exact same problem no matter which ios i try to download.

I'm currently using NUSD v1.9

and I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to share the stock ios so I can restore and update.

Thanks! :)

The error code I get when it's trying to update is 162-0025

This is how it looks except that dios mios is gone and it only says mios v10 now
but everything else looks the same and I still can't update my FW
JNNBt0w.jpg

You can't ask for copyrighted materials here. You can ask about legitimate ways to obtain them from nintendo (like downloading from nus), but no file sharing or links.

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
Your problem was installing DIOS MIOS and touching system IOS on vWii. You CAN'T update if you touch ANY of the preinstalled IOS (that's why IOS36 isn't patched). Why do you want to remove them? You could have updated with cIOS without problems.
DO NOT DOWNLOAD IOS WITH NUSD AND INSTALL THEM ON THE WII U!

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have it on my SD but the weird thing is as soon as I boot it up it freezes up on the screen where it asks me which cios to load, what could be wrong? Also the controller dies / powers down aswell when I boot it and refuses to work until i power off the wii
Are you using anytitle deleter or anytitle deleter mod you want to use the mod one. does your wii u freeze when selecting a cios (you should use cios236 or cios249) or does it freeze on the choose cios screen?

Kaydoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using anytitle deleter or anytitle deleter mod you want to use the mod one. does your wii u freeze when selecting a cios (you should use cios236 or cios249) or does it freeze on the choose cios screen?

Apparently it was because I was using wii U mote and not the older model but I had one of those too.

you'll have to excuse me being noob and dumb but I'm wondering when it lets me choose cios which one should I choose and how would I proceed to remove MIOS? Thanks in advance bro!

Your problem was installing DIOS MIOS and touching system IOS on vWii. You CAN'T update if you touch ANY of the preinstalled IOS (that's why IOS36 isn't patched). Why do you want to remove them? You could have updated with cIOS without problems.
DO NOT DOWNLOAD IOS WITH NUSD AND INSTALL THEM ON THE WII U!

How? Everytime I tried updating it keeps giving me errors.. Is there any way I can just delete MIOS and update my FW to 5.5.1?

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently it was because I was using wii U mote and not the older model but I had one of those too.

you'll have to excuse me being noob and dumb but I'm wondering when it lets me choose cios which one should I choose and how would I proceed to remove MIOS? Thanks in advance bro!

How? Everytime I tried updating it keeps giving me errors.. Is there any way I can just delete MIOS and update my FW to 5.5.1?
It has been so long since i used anytitle deleter mod that i forgot how to navigate it but it is pretty easy you will find it if you look around (just browse the directories) as for witch cios to use you want to use cios236 or cios249

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it requires a cIOS?
It doesn't use AHB access? if his IOS58 is fine and he launches it from HBC then it should have NAND access without reloading to any cIOS.

unless it's too old and has not been updated to use AHB at all, or is missing the IOS title access patch.

Another and safer way to delete MIOS:
put the MIOS wad on your SD
Load a WAD manager.preferably one with AHB access and IOS title patch, for example This one.
select your MIOS wad
select uninstall

You'll be sure that you are uninstalling the correct title (and only that title).

Reactions: dojafoja

Kaydoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it requires a cIOS?
It doesn't use AHB access? if his IOS58 is fine and he launches it from HBC then it should have NAND access without reloading to any cIOS.

unless it's too old and has not been updated to use AHB at all, or is missing the IOS title access patch.

Another and safer way to delete MIOS:
put the MIOS wad on your SD
Load a WAD manager.preferably one with AHB access and IOS title patch, for example This one.
select your MIOS wad
select uninstall

You'll be sure that you are uninstalling the correct title (and only that title).

Thanks a million for the advice bro! I think my problem is this: "unless it's too old and has not been updated to use AHB at all, or is missing the IOS title access patch."
Because I have not updated in a very very long time.. How would one go about to update these files?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah, so you still have Any title deleter not "MOD" ?
did you try the mod version?
if not, just go the way I described, with the wad manager, it's way safer.

Kaydoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ah, so you still have Any title deleter not "MOD" ?
did you try the mod version?
if not, just go the way I described, with the wad manager, it's way safer.

F*****CK YES!!! Finally updated to 5.5.1!! Thanks alot all of you! It's great to run into a forum that's actually filled with helpful members! :)

Reactions: Cyan and x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night