Homebrew [Request] An Everybody Votes application for the 3DS?

Zan'

2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you. Sorry if I responded weirdly to what either of you said, I really like to remain passive and try to accommodate everyone though that's naive since you really can't.

Thank you again for the support, though. Good luck with any projects you're working on/are going to work on too!

On topic of the thread though, good luck to whoever gives a shot at this too!
I didn't mean to jerp you away from it.
You should give it a try if you are interested in it. I was just trying to say it's nothing I would suggest for people to get into it since there is a lot more to it than you might think. And it will probably take a while.

Also I am not certain any free cloud server would do, but if most of the server part is written on webbased stuff on a free host some kind of light db or custom db might do.

If your dad knows C and gives you a hand I'd suggest to work on things without networking to start off and possibly go from there into simple socketing etc.

To put this project into perspectove to existing things.
This is a lot more work than a network CIA installer is. You can take a look at FBI Client and Server and possibly the Houston code for Nasa and see if you understand that well, to get into really simple networking.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Do servers cost, though? I can't get a job for reasons.
They do, but I have a dedi that I lend out to developers for whatever needs they may have. I've also offered to host many other projects like Pictochat3D, but the developer never got back to me. If you plan on taking this on, I can give you a shell and FTP access.

Last edited by Joom,

ImCarlosGG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Neither does my mom, don't worry!
I mean, she can use facebook, but that's about it.

Turns out he doesn't know lua though. I should be fine on my own, just gotta find a place that teaches it in a way that I can understand if possible.
I'll probably run through luatut in the next day or so and see how that goes. Unless anyone knows a more hands on approach.

My mother can use Facebook too, but when she wants to change her profile, he needs me :P. That's a shame, but you can learn it easily. Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.