PS1/2 Reprints or fakes? (PS2)

Codename PUMA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hiya, looked up a lot of info online the past week or so and just can't find the answers I'm looking for. I bought some "brand new and sealed" NTSC PS2 games from ebay (for use w/ a modchipped PAL PS2), probably resealed but I didn't really care. They had the y-fold and were all clean and stuff so all good. I was initially suspicious when the cases and paper were really flimsy and weak (and one game had tiny little bits of the art that stuck to the plastic cover and came off...), but I looked it up and came to the conclusion they're probably just reprints. Again, that's fine, doesn't bother me. But I can't shake the feeling something's off.

First off the cases have this pattern on it that I don't remember seeing before. Through a logo of one of the games I found it it was this type of case: an AGIpolimatrix eco-lite. Look similar to this, but not exact. http://www.cdrom2go.com/media-viewer.aspx?p=P59503&c=02&t=1 They have the design on the left and the Y-shaped disc button. But other design looking stuff, and on the side where the disc is, they have what looks like a big rectangle being taken out on the top and bottom. The PS logos are where they should be.

Another thing is two of the games have an Amaray thing layered over where the AGI logo is on the other game. The cases are identical except for the other game having a square indentation where you open it.

My biggest concern is there are no PS holographic logo thingies on the bottom of the main part of the discs (it has the stuff in the rim, just not on the actual silver bit of the disc). Maybe they stopped that later on in the life cycles, or just for reprints, but I can't find any info on that online.

I can post pics soon, but if someone knowledgeable can tell me right away whether or not anything sounds off, it'd be great to know.

The art and everything all seems official. They do play, but again my PS2 is chipped so it'll play any type of burned discs. I really hope I'm just being paranoid. Thanks for any answers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    really have to buy the top end model to get a tv that doesnt have any of those compromises and that would've had more dimming zones too but i am not made o money
    Gift
    @Julie_Pilgrim "very bright" is essentially pure white
    Gift
    pure white doesn't show up all that much it's mainly when looking at a bright sky
    Gift
    and if the clouds in the sky have slightly less definition to them because i turned on the contrast enhancer who cares
    Gift
    that's not important
    Gift
    i can't tell the difference
    Gift
    but i can certainly tell the difference with black crush if i'm watching a scifi movie and i can't see wtf is going on
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    Human vision is logarithmic, it's not linear. And nits doesn't tell the whole story of perceived brightness. OLED'S look brighter then LCD's even when both are set to the same nit values because of the higher contrast ratio on OLED's
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    OLED's have a 3D look
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Charging port is more likely to fry up or battery fail before the display tbh lol
    Gift
    "And nits doesn't tell the whole story of perceived brightness" it's not about perceived brightness it's about all HDR content in TV and movies being mastered for 1000 nits so it doesn't look right with anything lower, it's also about dynamic range
    Gift
    "OLED's have a 3D look" no they don't lol
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    As an owner of a OLED and you saying that you never seen an OLED I think I know what I'm talking about lol. I'm not talking about 3D as in 3D glasses. I'm talking about depth and pop in the picture
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I mean to be fair og vitas are still kicking and not many have suffered from pixel bleed and they're going on nearly 10 years
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    OLED's can get away with a lower peak brightness and still provide punchy HDR because of their contrast ratio. Like I said human vision is logarithmic. The higher the peak brightness the diminishing returns in perceived brightness.
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Just get 5 years enjoyment out of it until Nintendy releases something and everyone forgets about switch games lol
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    @The Real Jdbye Oleds hit around 750 nits nowadays. The difference between a 1000 nit and a 750 nit isn't huge. It's only about a 4% increase in perceived brightness. Not huge at all. You'll need at least 2000 nit displays to notice a bigger difference.
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    Read this thread it explains it. 1000 nits is not a huge jump from 750 the LG OLEDs can hit. As I said human vision is non linear.
    +2
    Gift
  • Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Not exactly 3D but the colors does pops out more
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    I just want a true dark mode theme
    for OLED Switch
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    yeah honestly i hate how the only two switch theme options are blinding holy light of god or grey
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    Kill eyes OR bore eyes to death
    +1
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    switch dark mode is ok i just wish it was a bit darker
    Gift
  • F @ Forseenink3938:
    Can anyone here please help me on how to use TickCrypt 2.0?
    Gift
    F @ Forseenink3938: Can anyone here please help me on how to use TickCrypt 2.0?