Shounic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
So, i got my DSi the first day it came out, along with a AceKard2i. Works Perfectly for like a year and until today, i have no idea why, but it just suddenly doesn't want to work. It started "not working" in a later time, but before that time, it was working fine. So i'm using the newest AKAIO, etc etc. So i'll just get to the point, so when i boot it up, it gives me this Jap message. I can read jap so i said something like this "???Error has occurred???? Switch it OFF. ?????Manual" something like that. i got that message before, and i just lightly tap the power button to return to the menu and it works, but now, i try that method, it just keeps giving me the error message. I tried re formatting my SD card to a FAT32, still doesn't work. I'm using a Kingston 2GB Micro SD Card. So yeah, that's my problem. And yes, i can refund it etc but i want to know how can i solve it for future purposes.

Shounic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i'm sure it's completely in. i pressed it down until it can't go any lower and released it. and i'm pretty sure it's not the firmware or whatever. if it is, i already downloaded the AKAIO 1.4 loader or whatever from here.

klopfdreh

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try to put a little paper square between the plastic case and the contacts that are connected to your dsi contacts and look if there are those errors again.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Firstly dont bump your reposting of your last thread that went downhill please.

As for the issue:

1) Format with Panasonic formatter
2) Try the latest akaio (1.4.1 PROPER) and the latest loader from here (gbatemp.net) . If that doesnt work somehow (user error or hardware issue) try the latest official firmware.
3) Try the whole 'paper on the sticker side of the cart to push it towards the contacts' fix. Search if you need more info.
4) If it still doesnt work, try another microSD card with steps 1-3.
5) Try the cart in another DSI (if you really want to eliminate all else.....)
6) Still not working, or you dont like having paper jammed in your DSI to fix a contact issue: Contact your supplier for a refund or replacement.

Shounic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Count Duckula said:
Firstly dont bump your reposting of your last thread that went downhill please. .......Yeah, sorry i'm not so familiar with how you guys roll here. Sorry again.

As for the issue:

1) Format with Panasonic formatter Done, but still not working.
2) Try the latest akaio (1.4.1 PROPER) and the latest loader from here (gbatemp.net) . If that doesnt work somehow (user error or hardware issue) try the latest official firmware. Done, but still not working.
3) Try the whole 'paper on the sticker side of the cart to push it towards the contacts' fix. Search if you need more info. So i jam a piece of paper next the the card? the side with the sticker right? k i'll try not sure how that helps..... (EDIT: Yep, not working)
4) If it still doesnt work, try another microSD card with steps 1-3. Done, but still not working.
5) Try the cart in another DSI (if you really want to eliminate all else.....) Done, but still not working.
6) Still not working, or you dont like having paper jammed in your DSI to fix a contact issue: Contact your supplier for a refund or replacement.

Hm.... by the looks of it i'm pretty much forced to get a new one....

EDIT: K, i tried it and it doesn't work. every step. I'll just leave this to die. I sent the DSi and acekard to the store i bought it from. I appreciate everyone's help. And for excusing my retarted-ness. Thanks again. *Waits for thread to die*

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for using the search feature. It helps everyone around here - and even if you didn't, thanks for posting something already not mentioned (except for the repost of course)

I would send an email to the AK team, I don't think this problem has come up before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: happy birth +1