OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi

My DS Phat touchscreen is not working anymore. Looking on ebay the replacements seem pretty cheap.

Has anyone replaced theirs?

How easy was it?

Any instructions on the net? Done a google but I can not find any. Found a Youtube for the lite.

Any feedback welcome.

Thanks in advance

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I pulled mine apart although I did not mess around with the touchscreen, some of the mechanical connections are soldered to the board and too much force will rip them from it but that is about it.

It was not difficult to do assuming you have a triwing screwdriver (or a good substitute) but here is something that a quick search turned up:
http://n-central.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=718

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just got my replacement touchscreen for my famous LiB DS Phat. Maybe I'll replace it tomorrow... I need some screen protectors, though, and refreshing the paint coat at the same time would be a good idea...

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Question please: My friend has a really stuffed up DS Phat touch screen. On the surface of the bottom screen are heaps and heaps of scratches, as well as huge blotches of God knows what. If he was to buy a replacement LCD touch screen, would that also replace the surface, or is it a separate piece? Also, where can we get one for a good price
smile.gif

Goochee64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I decided to buy a used DS Phat from EB Games. Thought I would be easier.

Doing the sums, my time and the likely hood of stuffing my DS thought the little extra I may have paid from EB it was worth it. They also offer a 12 months warrenty. So in that time If it stuffs up and can get it replaced. So I am pretty happy with that.

Cheers for everyones input
smile.gif

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Question please: My friend has a really stuffed up DS Phat touch screen. On the surface of the bottom screen are heaps and heaps of scratches, as well as huge blotches of God knows what. If he was to buy a replacement LCD touch screen, would that also replace the surface, or is it a separate piece? Also, where can we get one for a good price
smile.gif
Buying a replacement touch screen digitizer for 15$ on ebay should do the trick. No need to replace the display if it's not broken.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
smile.gif

Buying a replacement touch screen digitizer for 15$ on ebay should do the trick. No need to replace the display if it's not broken.

Update. It's broken now. He attempted to remove the lumps on his screen with brasso and WD40, most likely did something to the wiring. The touch screen now works once in a blue moon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...