Replacing 3ds xl hinge

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by xtreme1, Sep 2, 2014.

1. xtreme1
    OP

xtreme1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2008
    United States
    Has anyone ever replaced the inside clicky part of the hinge of a 3ds? My 3ds xl goes from its 100 degree angle to the 180 degree angle, and just skips the clicky part of the 170 degree angle normal people play games at.

I've done a motherboard swap, so is this more difficult or easier? Cannot find any tuts on it.

2. 4gionz

4gionz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    Just buy a new shell on ebay about 25$ it has everything brand new just swap old parts into new shell it's not really worth it to do it any other way in my opinion.

3. xtreme1
    OP

Nov 14, 2008
    United States
    Not an option since my 3ds xl is a limited edition version.

4. 4gionz

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    Still buy the whole shell then instead of using the top and bottom faceplates of the new shell use the top and bottom faceplates of your limited edition.

The inside, hinge, buttons, of a limited edition 3ds is the same the only diffrence are the front faceplate and bottom backplate(top and bottom) may I ask which model you have

5. chairsgotoschool

chairsgotoschool Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2014
    United States
    you just buy the hinge piece for 5 bucks and only swap that, its not too hard. they just slide in and out.

6. xtreme1
    OP

Nov 14, 2008
    United States
    That's what I had thought, just wanted someone to confirm, it just slid out

7. 4gionz

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    Oh sorry it's just the clicking part thats broken i though the hinge was broken like you dropped it and plastic piece broke off, yes sorry just buy the hinge