Replacement notification light, question about Nintendo repairs.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ValconExe, Nov 15, 2016.

1. ValconExe
    OP

ValconExe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    I'm not 100% sure this is the right subforum, but anyway, my O3DS XL has had its corner cracking, and today, I was at school, I opened it, and the corner popped right off, and launched the notification light. I can't find it, and most likely, won't be able to find it tomorrow (cause janitors). Do you know of a place where I can buy a replacement? I posted it in this section because I'd rather not send it in to Nintendo, as I'm running 11.2 Luma + A9LH. Has anyone ever tried shipping in their hacked console to Nintendo for repairs, and if so, how did it go?
    I've been thinking about it, and I could probably at least partly disguise it by deleting all non-game content, re-injecting H&S, changing Luma settings to make it not say Sys infront of the version, etc.
    Would there be a way to 100% disguise that I am using a hacked console?

2. BelmontSlayer

BelmontSlayer Pokémon Princess

May 11, 2006
    Thailand
    Memememe Island
    I'm guessing that you're talking about the LED diffuser and not the actual LED, because I don't see how that could just break off. Is this what you need?

http://ebay.com/itm/Genuine-3DS-XL-...nge-Lock-Locker-LED-Diffuser-DR-/302061989027

If you send your system to Nintendo Customer Service, they will install the newest firmware and erase A9LH. It doesn't matter what you do to try to hide it, they will update you to the newest firmware...it's part of their "repair process".

3. ValconExe
    OP

ValconExe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    OK, I think this is most likely it, if this is the thing which fits in the little spot right behind the LR buttons. Thanks!
    That sucks about sending it to Nintendo, but it makes sense, they probably have debug tools of some sort which would let them see if anything out of the usual is happening.