repair NIntendo lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Gelena, May 12, 2009.

May 12, 2009

repair NIntendo lite by Gelena at 3:03 PM (644 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Gelena
    OP

Newcomer Gelena Newbie

Ireland
    Friend gave me old broken Nintendo Lite (it wasn't swich on )and said that repair a very easy: i just have to change battery. I did it, then i charged it for couple hours. At those moment everything was fine but then when i turned on Nintendo's green light swiched on, then sound like "click" upper screen blinked for a second then Nintendo swiched off. I tried everything and change battery and recharge again, but still the same. Upper screen blinks, bottom screen doesn't show anything, then swich OFF. What's wrong with Nintendo? How difficulty to repair it? what do we have to do? [​IMG] My friend promes to help me. [​IMG]

2. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    it sounds like it was dropped and some connectors got loose.

try opening up the DS and unlock the cable for the bottom screen, pushing it in, and re-locking it.

it's rather complex to explain :\ you might be able to find some tutorials on if you search ds touch screen replacement

3. Gelena
    OP

Newcomer Gelena Newbie

Ireland
    do i have to replace only touch screen or hole bottom screen?

4. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    It is the bottom screen - NOT the touchscreen but the LCD underneath

5. Dteyn

Member Dteyn GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I had the same problem with my friend's water-damaged DS Lite in this thread:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=151743

I bet if you turn the DS on, then quickly press and hold L+R+A+B+X+Y it will start up in GBA mode (so long as the DS was set to the default top screen for GBA games).

Basically I ended up replacing the bottom screen (both LCD and touch screen), total cost about $15 and it works great! You can find all the info in the above thread, most importantly you will need a tri-wing screwdriver and patience. Luckily you can get the first one from DealExtreme for only $0.85. [​IMG]

Also don't forget to watch the YouTube video I linked in the above thread, it shows how to disassemble your DS without breaking it. Then just watch the video in reverse if you can't remember how it goes together.

I hope this helps!