Repair Adventures With Nintendo

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Haloman800, Jun 21, 2010.

Jun 21, 2010
  1. Haloman800
    OP

Member Haloman800 a real gril

United States
    I sent my system off nearly six months ago. I got it back a month later. They said my screen protectors were "unlicensed" so they took them off. My screens were scratched up pretty badly, but I didn't know what to do.

I received a survey to fill out from them to rate their repair, I mentioned what happened with my screens being scratched up by them, and I told them they need to send me the screen protectors they do license.

About two months later I received a call from Nintendo saying they can't send me those, because they don't make them, they just license them, but they said they could replace the screens for me.

I sent it off.. It took literally a week and a half before FedEx picked it up.. Because the truck that handles the cheapest delivery's only comes by every Friday. I sent it Wednesday and it still didn't get sent off until the next Friday....

They finally got it another week later.. then about three days later they shipped it back off... Then another week passes and I get it.

They had sent me yet another Unlicensed sticker, like the first one for having "unlicensed" screen protectors, I had put part of a screen protector over the outside camera to prevent scratching, they removed it even though I left them a note saying that they don't sell camera covers, please don't remove.

However, They had replaced the entire system =D! I turned it on and used the A button to start it, it worked and I saw my games were still there despite the new hardware.

I turned it off and put on my Hori Screen Protectors which I had bought from China as soon as I sent of my DSi, they came in nearly two weeks before my DSi did, and they were from China, not New York.

I turned my system on again, feeling very good I used the stylus they also sent to touch the screen. Nothing happened.

I used the A button to start it, then, since there was no game in the slot (And the first Icon for me was the game slot) I tried to scroll left with the stylus.. No response. I used the D pad, no response. The DSiware icons were moving, so it wasn't frozen. I got N+ and put it in, and I tried to touch it, didn't work, I used A, didn't work, I used Start, didn't work.

The only thing that would work was the L and R buttons, which brought up the picture menu. I could take a picture, and strange enough I could save it with the A button or discard with B, but when selecting games they wouldn't work.

I called Nintendo and went through all the options until I got to the one for faulty touch screen. I went through calibration by holding L and R and Start and pressed the Power button, it came up, but touching the little orange circle didn't work.

I talked to this representative and all she said was she can set up another repair order.. And she wasn't going to give me any faster shipping on the way there, but she said she could give me faster shipping on the way back. She said she couldn't reimburse me for the screen protectors either if they couldn't save them.

So.. After about six months of this crap, I have to send it off again, and possibly buy a third set of screen protectors. I have so much less respect for Nintendo.

tl;dr, don't send your ds with screen protectors.

2. Crimsonclaw111

Member Crimsonclaw111 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well, it's better than dealing with Microsoft.

3. Haloman800
    OP

United States
    Crimsonclaw111, Give me an example.

Posts merged

Crimsonclaw111, Give me an example.

4. SoraKeyofFate

Newcomer SoraKeyofFate Advanced Member

Canada
    I actually had a pretty good experience with Nintendo's warranty. Just last summer my L and R buttons stopped working on my DSi. TBH I think it was the case I was using, but I delivered it to a nearby "warehouse" (if you wanna call it that? :S). So a week after, they had called me to come and pick it up. I came by, and with the DSi there was a paper telling me that they couldn't fix the problem, so they sent me a new one. On the sheet there were three options that pretty much said:
    -We couldn't fix it but sent you the same DSi because the damage is not covered by warranty
    -We sent you a new DSi and copied all data from the previous system
    -We sent you a new DSi, but were unable to recover your data. Lost DSiWare can be downloaded for free from the Shop

So for me they circled option two, as well as extending my warranty for another half year. On top of this, I went and registered the new serial code and got another half year warranty. xD

Maybe stuff is just different?

5. Haloman800
    OP

United States
    SoraKeyofFate, thank you for that idea, I'm going to register this one also.

6. Crimsonclaw111

Member Crimsonclaw111 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Just call me Crimson if you want.
    Anyways, my band's guitarist once had an xbox 360. It RRoD'd him and he tried to get it repaired. After dealing with customer service for a half hour, he got it ready for shipping. Days turned to weeks, and weeks to months. My guitarist ended up buying a new xbox, and then finally recieved his old one 8 months after sending it off. It RRoD'd on him again... and his new one has a shitty dvd drive, so...

But on topic, Nintendo offers some great service. I sent my DS lite in once and got it back in about a month.