Hacking Removing SD card with AutoRCM?

oBluEx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a specific way to do this? I want to add OpenRCT to my SDcard.

Should I sleep mode and remove the SDcard and will it still be in RCM when I do so?

Lavaminer89

Story of Seasons 3OT PLG Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you set your switch to auto rcm then turn it off, reboot to rcm, use a payload, then you can remove your SD card and add OpenRCT

astrodraco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RCM isn't dependent on the SD card. Your system, when it boots, will shut off if it detects the SD card has been removed in any case, so you might as well just shut it off, eject SD card and do SD card stuff, then pop it back in, boot back up (which will be in AutoRCM), and inject the payload - done deal.

crazy_p

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
If you want to properly eject your SD Card, you need to hold the Power Button and Shutdown your Console. After you inserted the SD Card again, you need to tap the Power Button and then inject your Payload.

Reactions: stitchxd

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You forgot.. If you shut it down and autoRCM will drain battery faster. Put it in sleep mode. If you want to remove SD.. Shut it down and remove SD and reinsert it back when you are done for the transfer. Then go to payload and put it in sleep mode to save the battery drain.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

crazy_p

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You forgot.. If you shut it down and autoRCM will drain battery faster. Put it in sleep mode. If you want to remove SD.. Shut it down and remove SD and reinsert it back when you are done for the transfer. Then go to payload and put it in sleep mode to save the battery drain.

You forgot that Atmosphere added propper Shutdown since 0.8.4. And ALWAYS Shutdown your Console before you remove your SD Card.

crazy_p

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Yes it should behave like in OFW.

Unbenannt.png

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What is the properly way ? Just press Power down until it pop up on the screen and click to shut down ? I will not worry about drain battery anymore if I leave it alone for weeks ?

Before I jailbreaked it.. It was in the storage room for over 6 months and battery was drain only few percents off. I got 97 or 95 percent in 6 months, amazing. Will this allow me to do the same ?

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
*sigh* No, you can't just remove at any time. You don't ever want to remove an mSD after horizon has booted. This includes the OS sleep mode where the RAM could still be accessing the card. You should either power off completely or have ams reboot to hekate that will only init a card when told.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
What is the properly way ? Just press Power down until it pop up on the screen and click to shut down ? I will not worry about drain battery anymore if I leave it alone for weeks ?

Before I jailbreaked it.. It was in the storage room for over 6 months and battery was drain only few percents off. I got 97 or 95 percent in 6 months, amazing. Will this allow me to do the same ?
It drains battery because your switch enter RCM. With latest Atmosphere you simply shutdown from the reboot menu and it won't enter RCM afterwards. To check if your not in RCM, simply attach your switch to your computer or power adapter. If it turns on normally, it's not in RCM and if it stays black after giving power to your switch, it's in RCM.

Reactions: crazy_p

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It drains battery because your switch enter RCM. With latest Atmosphere you simply shutdown from the reboot menu and it won't enter RCM afterwards. To check if your not in RCM, simply attach your switch to your computer or power adapter. If it turns on normally, it's not in RCM and if it stays black after giving power to your switch, it's in RCM.

I am not noob but I want to understand this one. Mine is already in autoRCM. Shutdown it through atmosphere will still drains battery because my Switch enter RCM no matter what, right ?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I am not noob but I want to understand this one. Mine is already in autoRCM. Shutdown it through atmosphere will still drains battery because my Switch enter RCM no matter what, right ?
Nope. Shutdown from atmosphere will shut it down properly even with autoRCM, so it won't reboot back automatically as it used to.

Reactions: spotanjo3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Meds time!