Hacking Removing items from DSTT Menu

jaheavenridg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I searched the FAQ and a few pages of the board for the answer to this question, but was unsuccessful... I have removed several files from my flash card, but yet at the loading screen of the DSTT, the menu says they are still there, sometimes there are duplicates if I had a game, got rid of it, and brought it back to the flashcard.

Thanks for the help.

- Desperate to fix this before Christmas gift time -

dsoutware

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
how do you delete the files? via the sdcard adapter or the usb adapter? sometimes the adapter is bad. use another one and see if you can delete it. You can always move all stuff to comuter and format the card and copy over again.

jaheavenridg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use the SD HC adapter that plugs as a card into the side of my macbook pro. Yes, I always use the 'safely remove hardware' button or else the computer sends me a big middle finger message about how I screwed up.
smile.gif

Thanks for the answers so far, hoping to not have to reformat it over and over lol.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well... You can try this:[*]Make a new folder (like Games2) and move all the files to the new folder (It should happen fairly instantly since it's not copying).[*]Delete the old folder and Rename Games2 to Games (or whatever your folder was).[*]Load up your cart and check to make sure everything is fine.If you still get double files, it's possible that it's not properly updating the data that is saved elsewhere.
Start the process over, but do the following steps:[*]Make a new folder (like Games2) and move all the files to the new folder (It should happen fairly instantly since it's not copying).[*]Delete the old folder.[*]Load up your cart and check to make sure everything looks the way you want in the new folder.[*]If everything is fine, put your MicroSD card back into the PC and rename the folder.[*]Load up your cart again and check to make sure everything is fine.By loading the cart in the DS without the Games folder, it should update that there is no more games folder and toss out any old data that was kept.

Alternatively, you could try YSMenu...
If you need help with the skin/theme, let me know and I'll give you a hand with it.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're using a Mac, right? My guess is that the files you're seeing might be part of the Mac OS datafiles and not actually .nds files. Unfortunately, the Mac leaves behind these files and I'm not sure if there's a setting to tell it not to (I'm not a Mac user). Maybe another Mac user can shed some light on this.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night