remove the nagging update?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by zhevastian, Mar 1, 2016.

1. zhevastian
    OP

zhevastian GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2016
    how can i remove the nagging update on o3ds 9.2 fw it downloaded the update during sleep mode. and ive read that you can remove it via recovery, but when i tried to access the recovery i think it will lead to update the system. so is there other way to remove it?

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    When you access recovery, you can just press "Cancel" and it won't update.

zhevastian and Bubsy Bobcat like this.
  3. zhevastian
    OP

zhevastian GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2016
    do i have to connect to the internet?

4. Cr4nkSt4r

Cr4nkSt4r Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I'll qote myself from another thread with maybe the same error because something maybe happened:

[EDIT]
    Found it again:
    https://github.com/yellows8/browserhax_site/commits?author=yellows8

Maybe he did something wrong when he was redirecting to https stuff

Last edited by Cr4nkSt4r, Mar 2, 2016
  5. CreativeMan

CreativeMan GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2009
    Mongolia
    Flashing EmuNAND on SysNAND may be risky, first if the version is above 9.2 you'll lock yourself out of the possibility of using EmuNAND again, worst that may happen is bricking if update on EmuNAND has been done manually with Gateway...

6. Cr4nkSt4r

Cr4nkSt4r Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Can't happen :)
    1) I did an backup#1 of my sysNAND 9.2.0.20E, also all the files from the SD cart
    2) Then created a new stock one with format my emu- and then sysNAND, configured the 3DS from scratch, only the needed parts
    3) Made again an backup#2 of my new sysNAND, also 9.2.0.20E and made an backup of the new created files off SD cart
    4) Then flashed the last sysNAND backup#2 to my emuNAND
    5) After that I launched HBL with ninjhax2 on emuNAND
    6) Installed menuhax on emuNAND
    7) Made an backup#3 of my emuNAND which is holding the menuhax cooldboot right now
    8) Again formatted my emu- and then sysNAND so don't keep any tracks
    9) Flashed the emuNAND backup#3 into my sysNAND wich is then holding the menuhax
    10) Flashed the sysNAND backup#1, my original NAND with all my stuff on it to my emuNAND

Yeah I know a littl bit complicated, but I started yesterday with this stuff, didn't even read about something like the cold boot because I aways put my Gateway in and boot from go.gateway-3ds.com.
    But I didn't want to do that all the time especially if there is no WiFi :D
    So please forgive me about this complicated steps, I'll learn right now :)

Last edited by Cr4nkSt4r, Mar 2, 2016
  7. CreativeMan

CreativeMan GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2009
    Mongolia
    No problem with what you did, it's just you said only "I replaced my SysNAND with my EmuNAND and it solved it". Just reading this, someone with the same problem might just try it, and may have some problems because precautions haven't been told, that's just why I completed your post with some wise words

Cr4nkSt4r likes this.
  8. Cr4nkSt4r

Cr4nkSt4r Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Yea, you're right, maybe someone didn't think about that in first place and overwrite his hackable version with a new one which isn't supported.

CreativeMan likes this.