Remove parental control from Wii U System?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by iQue, Oct 4, 2014.

1. iQue
    OP

iQue GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2013
    I picked up a used Wii U (PAL) console, but it has parental controls enabled.
    Apart from contacting Nintendo for the master key (if they will give it to me?? as the console is used??) ...is there any software or websites that can do this? Like with the Wii and 3DS parental controls.

2. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    can't you do a system reset and that will wipe everything off it including the parental control settings?

3. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
  4. iQue
    OP

iQue GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2013

Tried it, but it's locked by parental control setting.

I did email Nintendo and the first question they asked was ...is the system used or new?? ...I said used, so let see what they get back with?? ...hopefully with a master key!

Thanks

5. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    or they'll tell you to buy a new wiiu :lol:

6. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    who cares, if it is used or new, you just need your wiiu to generate you an inquiry number and then contact them in their chat with this number within 24 hours and see where it leads you to, it is all explained in the link, that I posted
    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/la...parental_controls_faq&submenu=wup-pc-ht-reset

get the inquiry number, click on the "Contact Nintendo" button on that page, enter the chat, annoy them with your problem, they can surely reset it remotely

7. iQue
    OP

iQue GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2013
    It's a send back for a used console ...on the upside, it's free!
    Think I will leave it ....hopefully, someone will releases an unlock tool?? ...like with the 3DS and Wii, that way I can keep it on it current firmware.
    Alternative is to try every possible pin 0000, 0001, 0002, 0003..........9999 ...think I will give that a go at that ...it sounds fun! ;)

"For us to be able to remove parental controls on a second hand console, it must be sent to our Service Centre.
    The console will need to be formatted, in order to remove any data that has been left by the previous owners. This is necessary for data protection reasons.
    This is a completely free service as we will send out a free post label to cover the postage cost and courier the console back to you."