eugene222

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey,
first I have a9lh installed.
My 3DS is linked with my NNID, but I want to remove it. I have 32gb of games installed and it would be unfortunate if I have to redownload everything. So my question is if there is way to reuse the games on my sd card after I have used tinyformat to unlink my nnid from my 3ds.

Greetings

Last edited by eugene222,

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey,
first I have a9lh installed.
My 3DS is linked with my NNID, but I want to remove it. I have 32gb of games installed and it would be unfortunate if I have to redownload everything. So my question is if there is way to reuse the games on my sd card after I have used tinyformat to unlink my nnid from my 3ds.

Another small question:
Before I remove my nnid I would dump all tickets of my purchased games, but I dont know which homebrew to use for this and where I can upload those so they will be of use to the community. So help here is appreciated also.

Greetings
Do a NAND backup and restore it after formatting.

eugene222

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks, but that would defeat the purpose of what Im trying to do.
If I reinstall my NAND it will again be linked with my NNID. I dont want to have any nnid linked to my 3DS.
I've done some research and it seems that what Im trying to do is impossible. My hope was that with all that scene progress the past few months there could be solution to my problem.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks, but that would defeat the purpose of what Im trying to do.
If I reinstall my NAND it will again be linked with my NNID. I dont want to have any nnid linked to my 3DS.
I've done some research and it seems that what Im trying to do is impossible. My hope was that with all that scene progress the past few months there could be solution to my problem.
I had some issue some time ago, where my NNID always gave me wrong number when trying to access the eShop. I found I could remove it without formatting using a button combo in the error screen, but it was only because it was throwing an error, not sure if that can be normally done.

After removed the NNID, my paid games were not shown anymore in the home menu. All I did was install their tickets using CIAngel, and they came back, with everything and their saves! However, and again, I'm not sure if removing only NNID is possible without it throwing you an error, which is what happened to me.

I just thought: Oh, in fact, you can try this. Format the system through System Settings (so that your NNID is unlinked from Nintendo servers), restore your NAND to before the format, try to enter the NNID settings for it to give you an error because it's not linked anymore in Nintendo servers, use the button combo I said in the error message (I'll google it, in case you can't find it), your NNID will be removed (your games won't show anymore in the home menu), then just install the tickets back with CIAngel, and your games will be back (without having to reinstall) with their saves untouched, but remember to take out your SD card right before the "Format" red button in System Settings format.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here. When you get the error message because you can't access with your NNID because you unliked it using format in System Settings, press and hold X and Y while on the message, then press OK button in the touchscreen.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13777/~/error-message:-you-cannot-use-this-nintendo-network-id-on-this-system

Last edited by Olmectron,
Reactions: eugene222

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simply delete the save data: https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/System_SaveData

The NNID will still be associated to your console on Nintendo's servers though, unless you call them and have them transfer it to a different console, or do an actual system transfer. Deleting the data will stop you from entering the eshop with that nnid, for example...

Reactions: eugene222

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg