Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
cheatmaster5 said:
i have my computers setup for remote control but how do i set it up so i can shut them down from my laptop
Create a shortcut / type in cmd (run as admin)
C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 120
Where
/s means shutdown
/t is the time in seconds
120 is my set time for 120 seconds

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Another method is remote desktop administration. There are a few ways to set it up, which basically opens a window that provides a streaming look on what your remote desktop is doing (via the interwebz), and lets you control it's keyboard/mouse.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Originality said:
Another method is remote desktop administration. There are a few ways to set it up, which basically opens a window that provides a streaming look on what your remote desktop is doing (via the interwebz), and lets you control it's keyboard/mouse.
Wasn't aware rda was available in non server versions of windows. You are sure you don't mean VNC (which can indeed shutdown as it is "nothing more" then a stream of the desktop)?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
RDA is available in Pro and Ultimate versions of Windows (since 2000) but I don't recall how to set it up within Windows itself. There are a number of applications that can do it for you though.

VNC is newer than the last time I've had to deal with remote administration, so I don't know any details about it at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4