Hacking Remote play error - number for another user entered

tangerines

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi guys. I have recently updated my Vita to Henkaku Enso 3.65, everything is working fine.

I have been trying to use both online/ offline (relink) methods to link my Vita to PS4 (fw 5.50) for remote play. I keep getting the CE-35406-8 error, which says that "The number for another user was entered". Both enable remote play and connect directly options are selected on the PS4. I have 2 users on my PS4, so I have signed into User 2, even "activated" it as my primary PS4. I have also tried both online and the offline relink method on my Vita so that the user on the PS4 is the same as the Vita, but I keep getting the error...

The Vita and PS4 are second hand but I have deleted all other user profiles and have mine on them.

What am I doing wrong? Any help is appricated!! Thanks!

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@tangerines
I only have one user on my PS4 so I can't help you in that regard.
And regarding activation I think you can activate your PS Vita again by logging in to PSN (Never sync your trophies though).
It works for me and except the two users our setup is the same.
But I'd recommend to connect your PS4 to a router via LAN (and disable direct connection ofc) and connect your PS Vita to the same one.
This way you can also simply don't plugin the dsl cable and don't let your vita send unnecessary data to sony just to be safe.
The connection is more stable so you can play from a bigger distance with better quality settings enabled.

Last edited by Wuigi,

dude22072

Trophies
Website
dude22072.com
XP
Country
United States
@tangerines
I only have one user on my PS4 so I can't help you in that regard.
And regarding activation I think you can activate your PS Vita again by logging in to PSN (Never sync your trophies though).
It works for me and except the two users our setup is the same.
But I'd recommend to connect your PS4 to a router via LAN (and disable direct connection ofc) and connect your PS Vita to the same one.
This way you can also simply don't plugin the dsl cable and don't let your vita send unnecessary data to sony just to be safe.
The connection is more stable so you can play from a bigger distance with better quality settings enabled.
This post reeks of paranoia.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dude22072 There were people banned for syncing trophies for games they didn't buy and Sony could at any point in time decide to add some more checks outside of trophies to ban even more people.
At the moment you can take that risk, there have been many people that connected to the PSN with a hacked vita many times and kept their Wi-Fi on and nothing happened.
But I don't want to be blamed for a ban of another person so I include all the safety measures I can think of to prevent it.

On the 3DS all those people who weren't "paranoid" got banned for using homebrew with Wi-Fi on, playing pirated games online, cheating on those useless stickers, etc. but at least they weren't cautious because that's just the worst.

Last edited by Wuigi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.