Gaming Remapping Smash move on nunchuck control scheme

Kingc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Topic says it all really...I've got two GC controllers and two sets of wiimote+nunchuck. When playing brawl, I feel that the gc controllers have a huge advantage just having to flick the C-stick to do a smash attack. With the nunchuck+wiimote, you have to flick the analog stick while pressing A which requires more coordination...

I tried to re-map the control scheme on nunchuck+wiimote, but could not seem to map the smash attack to any button.

And what is the deal with the "shake smash" with the wiimote? That does not work for me at all, but I might be doing something wrong...

Thanks...

lou_weed

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
"shake smash" is assigned per named user ,and turned off by default.
you'll need to choose your name in the player select screen (press on P1/2/3/4 , next to your character's picture , and select that name that uses shake smash).

it works by flicking the wiimote like a c-stick (up,down,left/right).

King Zargo

I'm a Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
Its not so hard to execute smash attacks on the nunchuck control scheme. It just takes practising and time. The advantage is not that huge for C-smashing.

I always turn "shake smash" off. It gets in the way of playing.

serpenter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just practice...
fight a load of computers till ya get the hang of it. i prefer the wiimote and nunchuck style anyway...
that is if the C smashes are same as on melee... its allways better to be able to charge and release them as you see fit imo. XD

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Kingc said:
... I feel that the gc controllers have a huge advantage just having to flick the C-stick to do a smash attack. With the nunchuck+wiimote, you have to flick the analog stick while pressing A which requires more coordination...

If you feel C stick smashes give an advantage, then you're not that good
unsure.gif

For instance, Ike, Snake, Lucario and the home run bat, or any smash that has a "wind up" are much easier to time with charged smashes

lou_weed

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
i agree , it does take a bit of time to adjust.
but its more fun to have a shake smash once in a while.

finite

Trophies
XP
Country
I really don't understand why the consoles primary controller setup (remote & nuchuck) is under described for an area the game takes its name from (e.g. smashes).

You need to jerk the remote in the direction you want to smash which is nothing like shaking.

And its real simple to get the hang of charged smashes with the A button and stick, just flick the stick over first then hold A in a quick one>two motion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm finally gonna get this NAS racked and powered on tonight, install truenas core, and burn the...