Remake Bermuda syndrome with current libs and devkit

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Flaya, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Flaya
    OP

Flaya Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2015
    Could it be possible if having the source code, to make an updated Bermuda syndrome port for Wii? How would I go about doing that?

2. Flaya
    OP

Flaya Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2015
    So, I've got Devkitppc installed and a bunch of source codes for various Wii homebrew. Anyone knows what I should do now to just recompile them with the most current libs? I want to make them work with the new wiimote.

3. Wiimpathy

Wiimpathy GBAtemp Fan

Mar 3, 2010
    France
    Generally, you open the Makefile with Programmer's Notepad, then click Tools and make. That's all you have to do...
    But, if it's one of the 1st homebrew, you'll have to re-write some parts of the code because libogc has changed since then. It could be trivial, rename a few variables/functions or a real pain with large portions of code...
    Sometimes, you'll also need to install extra libraries(sdl, freetype,etc.)...

Flaya likes this.
  4. Flaya
    OP

Flaya Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2015
    OK, great. I have all the extra libs in (c:/devkitpro/projectlibs/ppc) as stated in the setup guide... Had to create the folder tho, because it didn't exist.

Well, the primary ones I'd like to recompile are mmm, DVDx installer, SD explorer, ftpii and a few brewgames. Figured I'd compare source codes from currently working brews with the Ines not functional and change the codes accordingly. :)

Last edited by Flaya, Apr 4, 2016
  5. Flaya
    OP

Flaya Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2015
    So, I downloaded ftpii from here: https://github.com/joedj/ftpii.

Opened the makefile in programmers notepad and clicked tools - make (Alt+1)

It returned this:

> "make"
    reset.c
    dvd.c
    c:/Users/user/Desktop/ftpii-master/source/dvd.c:25:21: fatal error: fst/fst.h: No such file or directory
    #include <fst/fst.h>
    ^
    compilation terminated.
    make[1]: *** [dvd.o] Error 1
    "make": *** [build] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
    > Time Taken: 00:04

Not sure what the issue is, tho

6. Wiimpathy

Wiimpathy GBAtemp Fan

Mar 3, 2010
    France
    It has a lot of extra libs. Look at the Makefile, line LDFLAGS= ... to know which ones. It seems those libs aren't available anymore though...
    To be honest, there are alternatives like Wiixplorer or even Wiiflow for FTP.

7. Flaya
    OP

Flaya Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2015
    Ah yes, now I see.. Well wiixplorer is also one of those brews I'd like to make compatible with the new wiimote. Haven't found one that is. Don't know if wiiflow can work as a file manager in the same manner as ftpii or wiixplorer.

Last edited by Flaya, Apr 4, 2016