Homebrew Homebrew app [Release] Video player for 3DS

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How does it not make sense when you download videos they show in the order of when you downloaded them
most competent video players show files in order of name and most competent file explorers for your phone can sort by date added which you can then jut open with video player

or queue but w/e you need to think this through although that sounds too advanced for you

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does it not make sense when you download videos they show in the order of when you downloaded them

It's already been answered, but my own answer is that you have the ability to play files in whatever order you want. What kind of phone or video player do you use that forces you to watch videos out of order? I don't even believe that happens.

Core_2_Extreme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
v1.2.0 release

Hardware decoding won't work in .cia has been fixed
Hardware decoding won't work in some resolution has been fixed
Added hardware color conversion for software decoder
Added 3D video support(*)
Other minor changes and optimization

* New 3DS or 3DS only, software decoder only, in order to see 3D video as 3D you need to enable 3D mode in settings(settings->LCD->Screen mode->3D)

https://github.com/Core-2-Extreme/Video_player_for_3DS/releases/tag/v1.2.0

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
v1.2.0 release

* New 3DS or 3DS only, software decoder only, in order to see 3D video as 3D you need to enable 3D mode in settings(settings->LCD->Screen mode->3D)

I am so thankful that you are continuing to work on this. Truly excellent and important piece of software. Please keep it up!!!

Reactions: Core_2_Extreme

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
v1.2.0 release

cool! i'll render some 3D video and see how that goes. I'm on O3DS btw so i don't expect much but still curious

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I tested it on motion jpeg format (that nintendo 3ds camera uses).
I managed to make a useable 3D AVI file with "3DSVideo 1.32" converter, although there was some weird thing going on where one eye was seeing a different frame than the other, but that might somehow be my fault i guess, the 3D video worked, and the FPS was decent on O3DS

Steven Lopez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for all of the great work! I now use my 3DS as my dedicated anime watching machine!

I'd like to suggest 2 minor improvements:
1.) Full Screen is awesome. I'd recommend making it so that the "A" button that is used to pause/unpause the video does not exit fullscreen. I think just having Select and the touch screen exit full screen is enough. Also, I think that the "press any button to exit fullscreen" message could be removed and placed under controls - or just display once.

2.) I know I said this one earlier, but I think it goes better in this post as it is a small quality-of-life update: Maybe ZL/ZR on New 3DS or D-Pad/Circle-Pad on Old 3DS could be made into a 3-seconds-forward/3-seconds-backward control. This would make it really easy to go back and forth small amounts, with the touch screen being used for seeking through the video by large amounts.

Again, thanks for the great homebrew! Keep it up!

Last edited by Steven Lopez,

Core_2_Extreme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thanks so much for all of the great work! I now use my 3DS as my dedicated anime watching machine!

I'd like to suggest 2 minor improvements:
1.) Full Screen is awesome. I'd recommend making it so that the "A" button that is used to pause/unpause the video does not exit fullscreen. I think just having Select and the touch screen exit full screen is enough. Also, I think that the "press any button to exit fullscreen" message could be removed and placed under controls - or just display once.

2.) I know I said this one earlier, but I think it goes better in this post as it is a small quality-of-life update: Maybe ZL/ZR on New 3DS or D-Pad/Circle-Pad on Old 3DS could be made into a 3-seconds-forward/3-seconds-backward control. This would make it really easy to go back and forth small amounts, with the touch screen being used for seeking through the video by large amounts.

Again, thanks for the great homebrew! Keep it up!

Thank you for your suggestion.

1, Do you mean during full screen mode,
press A -> pause/play video
press Select -> exit full screen
other -> do nothing
touch screen -> exit full screen
?

2, sorry for slow development, but don't worry I'll add it(I think skip time will be 5 or 10 seconds).

Reactions: eduall

Steven Lopez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your suggestion.

1, Do you mean during full screen mode,
press A -> pause/play video
press Select -> exit full screen
other -> do nothing
touch screen -> exit full screen
?

2, sorry for slow development, but don't worry I'll add it(I think skip time will be 5 or 10 seconds).

1.) Yes.

2.) Don't worry about development time, I'm just grateful for this excellent software! Either way, this will be a useful feature, but I personally think 5 seconds would be best. It is easy to click the button twice quickly if you want to go back 10 seconds, but I could imagine many instances where someone just wants to re-see what they just saw 5 seconds ago.

Core_2_Extreme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
v1.3.0 release

The video that has more than one audio tracks has been supported (Press Y key-> select audio track to select track)
Multi-threaded decoding has been supported (Press Y key-> use multi-threaded decoding to toggle)
Hardware decoder has been merged (Press Y key-> use hw decoder to toggle)
Full screen mode has been supported (Press select key to toggle)
Other minor changes

https://github.com/Core-2-Extreme/Video_player_for_3DS/releases/tag/v1.3.0

P34ch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you Core_2_Extreme, this is really starting to shape up nicely now. Can I make another suggestion please. Is there any way you could add a volume boost?
Some things sound really quiet, especially on n2ds speakers.
Fullscreen is really great also and much needed (maybe even take this further and add stretch video to fullscreen also).
Anyhow I find v1.3.0 a big improvement, many thanks and all the best.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: well pretty much