Hacking [RELEASE] UWUVCI + Injectiine

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Currently i have no progress on it (didnt have really time either cause of work) I will try to look more into it, but i have currentl yno idea what the issue is
They boot but crash on exit?

Hmm, wouldn't it be possible to edit RA to restart the WiiU on exit instead of reboot to WiiU Menu?
Still wouldn't fix the freeze on close chan issue I know but at least we'd be able to exit :P

NicoAICP

Some random dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They boot but crash on exit?

Hmm, wouldn't it be possible to edit RA to restart the WiiU on exit instead of reboot to WiiU Menu?
Still wouldn't fix the freeze on close chan issue I know but at least we'd be able to exit :P
WEll homebutton doesnt pull up the home menu, and the retroarch quit button just goes to a blackscreen and freezes the wiiu and the restart option crashes retroarch with a crash dump

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WEll homebutton doesnt pull up the home menu, and the retroarch quit button just goes to a blackscreen and freezes the wiiu and the restart option crashes retroarch with a crash dump
yeah, Home button pulls up the RA menu by default, but I think its hard coded (i think it may have been done around the time we had the RA channel forwarder made? i'm not sure tho)
Gawd why is the WiiU RA port always so sketchy :P Short of asking the RA devs themselves I dont know how to fix those issues :/

NicoAICP

Some random dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah, Home button pulls up the RA menu by default, but I think its hard coded (i think it may have been done around the time we had the RA channel forwarder made? i'm not sure tho)
Gawd why is the WiiU RA port always so sketchy :P Short of asking the RA devs themselves I dont know how to fix those issues :/
about the hardcoded thing, i changed it so the ra menu gets pulled up when touching the touch screen (like ti does in some vc games)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
about the hardcoded thing, i changed it so the ra menu gets pulled up when touching the touch screen (like ti does in some vc games)
Problem with that is most cores support gun games, which utilises the touch screen, probably would be better off with a button combo (L3 + R3 or Plus + Minus) ?

NicoAICP

Some random dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Problem with that is most cores support gun games, which utilises the touch screen, probably would be better off with a button combo (L3 + R3 or Plus + Minus) ?
good to know, i didnt know that. I can look into it if i can put it to a keycombo, thanks for the info

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
good to know, i didnt know that. I can look into it if i can put it to a keycombo, thanks for the info
no probs I wish you all the luck, I REALLY would like this to become a thing :P I think I said it before in this thread but the rom forwarder method could fix the slow rom loading that currently plagues RA, since it essentially cuts out the middle man :) I mean currently in some circumstances it can take 30 sec + to load some games in RA

NicoAICP

Some random dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no probs I wish you all the luck, I REALLY would like this to become a thing :P I think I said it before in this thread but the rom forwarder method could fix the slow rom loading that currently plagues RA, since it essentially cuts out the middle man :) I mean currently in some circumstances it can take 30 sec + to load some games in RA
If you want I can put the reddit link in here, where I show how fast it loaded sonic one from homemenu boot

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
:cry: that's beautiful its pretty much instant :P If I were to make the same vid but loading through RA like normal it would probably take a couple minutes HA
It would open that flood gates if the exit issue was fixed, just the Arcade games alone :) (those are some of the worst offenders when it comes to initial loading times, depending on size)

NicoAICP

Some random dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
:cry: that's beautiful its pretty much instant :P If I were to make the same vid but loading through RA like normal it would probably take a couple minutes HA
It would open that flood gates if the exit issue was fixed, just the Arcade games alone :) (those are some of the worst offenders when it comes to initial loading times, depending on size)
Sadly arcade games crash for me, but probably setup issue

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sadly arcade games crash for me, but probably setup issue
Yea, Arcade cores are really picky about romset versions ;) on most RA ports it would just say wrong set.. but of course on WiiU is hard crashes the system and forces me to unplug the power cable lol

ArgonUK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been using this tool for n64 injections. I noticed that if F-Zero X is used as a base, widescreen or dark filter removal options do not work. I had to manually update F-Zero X base with modified FrameLayout.arc to achieve widescreen and dark filter removal.

You can also have a look at the 16x9 codes posted https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-vi...idescreen-support.517158/page-22#post-9380239 and maybe find a way to optionally add them to the game.ini config.

PlantedWave5190

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will anyone plan to update UWUVCI to support short names of game names that use two lines?

I'm making an inject of a Wii game that uses two lines of text for its name. But I've encountered a bit of a problem. After playing it and viewing the Daily Log will only show the first line of the game's name. For example, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World will use two lines of text like this;

Tales of Symphonia:
Dawn of the New World

However, after playing it and viewing the Daily Log in the Wii U menu after exiting will only show one line of text that says "Tales of Symphonia:". But when tapped, it will show up as;

Tales of Symphonia:
Dawn of the New World

Hopefully when this update comes out, I can put a short name that really describes what the game is, so Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World will show up as "Tales of Symphonia: New World" on the Daily Log.

Oh, and one more problem; When creating a bootTvTex image, when entering text for a game on two lines, It will not fit perfectly. Hopefully the new update can resolve this issue by resizing the text to actually fit in full.

Last edited by PlantedWave5190,

OkamiTakahashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this thing SUPPOSED to take forever JUST to download the tools needed to USE the damn thing? I've been sitting here for at least two hours, and my internet doesn't suck, either. Why do these need to be DOWNLOADED? Shouldn't something so VITAL to the sheer ability to even USE the mod be included IN the release? It's ridiculous imo, and counterintuitive. Feels like I've tried every wad injector under the sun and NONE of them do ANYTHING right for me. I'm sorry for all the words in sporadic caps, but I feel I must emphasis how completely bonkers that all was.

Further edit: it has now been at least 5 hours with several attempts to restart the program, with each attempt being less successful, and now I am at an empty download bar that simply doesn't budge. Include your damn required tools WITHIN your tool. All I wanted was to put Missing Link and Dawn & Dusk onto a wad on my Wii U, not participate in an all night waiting game affair to even simply USE the tool to begin with. I've not even had this tool for a whole day and I'm already deeply disappointed in the way that it functions just to get started.

Last edited by OkamiTakahashi,

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this thing SUPPOSED to take forever JUST to download the tools needed to USE the damn thing? I've been sitting here for at least two hours, and my internet doesn't suck, either. Why do these need to be DOWNLOADED? Shouldn't something so VITAL to the sheer ability to even USE the mod be included IN the release? It's ridiculous imo, and counterintuitive. Feels like I've tried every wad injector under the sun and NONE of them do ANYTHING right for me. I'm sorry for all the words in sporadic caps, but I feel I must emphasis how completely bonkers that all was.

Further edit: it has now been at least 5 hours with several attempts to restart the program, with each attempt being less successful, and now I am at an empty download bar that simply doesn't budge. Include your damn required tools WITHIN your tool. All I wanted was to put Missing Link and Dawn & Dusk onto a wad on my Wii U, not participate in an all night waiting game affair to even simply USE the tool to begin with. I've not even had this tool for a whole day and I'm already deeply disappointed in the way that it functions just to get started.
No that’s not normal it should take like 1 minute, I’ve used this daily since last week and it’s the best virtual console tool created this far. Love it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...