Homebrew [Release] Ugopwn

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
You forget this is GBATemp. The community that would literally jump through hoops to justify how using freeShop to pirate games ISN'T piracy. 3DS.Guide has plenty of CTRTransfers and other copyrighted content and they still defend it.
Piracy is the sole reason for this sites existence, FFS. I wish people would come down from their high horses and just acknowledge that. Anyone who has a problem with piracy should GTFO.

Last edited by enarky,

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you not link this stuff. It's illegal and dangerous.

People should not be modifying their NAND to play "backups", they WILL brick if they keep doing it.
Modifying your own device is not illegal, and it's been made that way in many countries. The chance of bricking is extremely low if the guide is followed correctly. Swallow your pride and sit down, kiddo.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got a notification of 15 unread posts, hoped it would be news about a EUR release. Instead, I got off-topic banter about the legality of hacking and unrelated apps.

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
Really sucks you guys are still waiting for a EU release. I was lucky enough to have parents who bought my DSi in America while on holiday so I didnt have to wait, even though I live in the UK

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Really sucks you guys are still waiting for a EU release. I was lucky enough to have parents who bought my DSi in America while on holiday so I didnt have to wait, even though I live in the UK
There's a difference between wanting something because it is hacked and wanting something hacked because you already have it.
I guess I am the latter, you're the former.

dpad_5678

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the point of this post? Just to brag? lel.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What's the point of this post? Just to brag? lel.
No, I wouldnt have posted to just brag, I already have a warning point for shitposting

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am also waiting for the EUR release anyway, I have some other DSi's that are EUR and are in better condition than my USA DSi

realWinterMute

Trophies
XP
Country
Modifying your own device is not illegal, and it's been made that way in many countries. The chance of bricking is extremely low if the guide is followed correctly. Swallow your pride and sit down, kiddo.

Bricking is inevitable if you follow that guide. It might not be this time or the next time but if you continue to rewrite your NAND it will brick.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bricking is inevitable if you follow that guide. It might not be this time or the next time but if you continue to rewrite your NAND it will brick.
If you modify your nand, test it in no$gba to see if it boots, then the chances of bricking are about 10%. The only chance of bricking then is shutting down your system while flashing, or flashing the modified no%gba nand.

Reactions: ry755 and Xiphiidae

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Piracy is the sole reason for this sites existence, FFS. I wish people would come down from their high horses and just acknowledge that. Anyone who has a problem with piracy should GTFO.
Take this discussion to a Group DM. There are people waiting for an EUR release of this exploit.
Speaking of which, do we have any news on that?

dpad_5678

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because it didn't brick the last N times you did it doesn't mean it won't brick the next time. NAND write cycles are precious, you shouldn't waste them.
Everytime you power on the system and do ANYTHING (time chaning, rearranging icons, etc), it writes to the NAND so what you're saying is not exactly relevant. I honestly believe that you do not know what you're talking about.

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
I come to this site because it's literally the only site where the majority of hacking things come from. I only found out about Maschell's Wii U Plugin System because it was ONLY posted here until a few weeks later when someone posted it on /r/WiiUHacks. WEEKS. (Actually it was a week and 2 days. Close enough though.)
It doesn't rewrite the entire NAND ...
You don't have to rewrite the entire NAND if you use TWLNF, but there's hardly anyone who actually recommends it even though it's pretty much the safest way to modify NAND.
Doesn't flash the entire NAND, requires you to make a NAND backup, allows you to back up your own games, you can even downgrade using one of the scripts provided by the developer of it.

Last edited by Deleted member 424658,
Reactions: Xiphiidae

realWinterMute

Trophies
XP
Country
I come to this site because it's literally the only site where the majority of hacking things come from. I only found out about Maschell's Wii U Plugin System because it was ONLY posted here until a few weeks later when someone posted it on /r/WiiUHacks. WEEKS.

You don't have to rewrite the entire NAND if you use TWLNF, but there's hardly anyone who actually recommends it even though it's pretty much the safest way to modify NAND.
Doesn't flash the entire NAND, requires you to make a NAND backup, allows you to back up your own games, you can even downgrade using one of the scripts provided by the developer of it.

That's not safe either. I really wouldn't trust software encryption that can't verify the keys for the console it's running on.

realWinterMute

Trophies
XP
Country
How about you go make a better version then, since you're the supposed most qualified to make homebrew.

I already did. Unfortunately having my code forked into dangerous and inappropriate tools makes me reluctant to release anything again until it's finished. I also resent people putting my code behind paywalls and on sites asking for donations for all "their" hard work.

Reactions: DinohScene

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."