Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
i cant access the download page on the website

What's the error you get?

I'm trying to set up sunshell on a 3ds identical to mine, I followed the readme to the letter, but every time I launch it, it black screens. I even tried copying the working setup from mine to this one, same results. Anyone know what to do?

Are you using 3dsx version on both?

NodePoint

  
Trophies
that was a lie -- actually somewhere in europe
XP
Country
United States
You can get a wrong memory block write error when attempting to execute a lua file in the file manager via LUA interpreter from the Sunshell module folder.
The error would flash in a weird way when selecting a module that would display a popup right away (like the CIA manager on Ninjhax2) and would freeze completely when you press a button unless you manage to do the homebrew menu shortcut in the first attempt successfully.

I know they're not supposed to be opened that way but it's probably something worth being looked at.

Reactions: Rinnegatamante

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
You can get a wrong memory block write error when attempting to execute a lua file in the file manager via LUA interpreter from the Sunshell module folder.
The error would flash in a weird way when selecting a module that would display a popup right away (like the CIA manager on Ninjhax2) and would freeze completely when you press a button unless you manage to do the homebrew menu shortcut in the first attempt successfully.

I know they're not supposed to be opened that way but it's probably something worth being looked at.

Thanks for your report, i'll investigate and solve the issues

What is with you all dl links they down? I get this
Error 404

I re-tried right now and links are all working to me. Maybe adf.ly is obscured in Japan? (But i don't think so...)

Ya, I told you, I copied one from the other even.

Both cards are formatted the same, 128 GB FAT32 32kbs. Only difference is one is a SanDisk, the other is PNY.

Don't know what to say. It should work fine if files are correctly placed and config.sun file is correctly edited

JoelLouviere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
The black screen is happening to me too, I think it's because if *hax 2.5. I'm just using the 3dsx version on a 9.9 jp n3ds and I have the config.sun set correctly and on the sd root, and it's the card that came with the console. All the files are where they should be, I checked for errors and there aren't any.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
The black screen is happening to me too, I think it's because if *hax 2.5. I'm just using the 3dsx version on a 9.9 jp n3ds and I have the config.sun set correctly and on the sd root, and it's the card that came with the console. All the files are where they should be, I checked for errors and there aren't any.

Check if your console clock is set to a date after 1st January 2015.

JoelLouviere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
the folders "apps", "modules", "scripts", and "themes" should go where main_dir is set in config.sun (by default, /3ds/Sunshell). if you put Sunshell.3dsx somewhere other than /3ds/Sunshell this might be the cause.
I had it in the default folder and it still didn't work, so I moved it to test it, then moved it back and nothing changed. If it helps I'm also using v0.3.8.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had it in the default folder and it still didn't work, so I moved it to test it, then moved it back and nothing changed. If it helps I'm also using v0.3.8.
I've just downloaded 0.3.8 and was able to run it just fine.

Sunshell.3dsx and sun_index.lua went to /3ds/Sunshell
apps, modules, scripts, themes went to /3ds/Sunshell
config.sun went to /

using *hax 2.5 (payload date: 2015-11-18). please double check your setup.

JoelLouviere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I've just downloaded 0.3.8 and was able to run it just fine.

Sunshell.3dsx and sun_index.lua went to /3ds/Sunshell
apps, modules, scripts, themes went to /3ds/Sunshell
config.sun went to /

using *hax 2.5 (payload date: 2015-11-18). please double check your setup.
I checked and reinstalled to be safe, still nothing. I've been installing the files over FTP if that makes any difference.
The payload date's 11-01.

Ace Koopa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone provide an alternate download link? I can't seem to get Adfly off the "Please wait..." screen...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY