Hacking [Release] NUD Model Creator

Cronus1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting the same error "Unable to convert: undefined to type: MaxObject" when using the import script. Not sure what is wrong

chrisall76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can the fighter importer give more material information other than "NU_colorSamplerUV" and "NU_diffuseColor"? That's all I'm getting when trying to material edit the .nud.
EDIT:
Figured it out, use material_injector.

Last edited by chrisall76,

samedifference

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to add another question to this thread, but I seem to be having problems with rigged character imports. Whenever I run the importer (IMPORT_Final_BoneOmega.ms), it always ends the process with an error message:
Code:
--Unable to convert: undefined to type: Modifier
It still outputs a dope.csv file, but the imported models look distorted in-game with missing polygons and distorted textures:
YCCcEFo.jpg
BNjdXZv.jpg
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, as I've tried it at least 3 times with 2 different models; I'm using 3DS Max 2011.
(On a side note, is it possible to associate meshes with certain visibility bones?)

Last edited by samedifference,

CorBond57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry to add another question to this thread, but I seem to be having problems with rigged character imports. Whenever I run the importer (IMPORT_Final_BoneOmega.ms), it always ends the process with an error message:
Code:
--Unable to convert: undefined to type: Modifier
It still outputs a dope.csv file, but the imported models look distorted in-game with missing polygons and distorted textures:
YCCcEFo.jpg
BNjdXZv.jpg
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, as I've tried it at least 3 times with 2 different models; I'm using 3DS Max 2011.
(On a side note, is it possible to associate meshes with certain visibility bones?)

As far as i remember, it should be possible to associate meshes with visibility bones. Not sure how to do it though.
as for the importer issue, try restarting 3DS max. As long as your model is Editable Mesh with a skin modifier it should work.

Now for my issue. My models import correctly, however the UV maps completely break in the generated .nud.
Is there any reason why this happens and is there any solution to this (aside from exporting to .3ds and reimporting, it breaks more stuff than it fixes)
I'm running 3DS Max 2015 for those wondering.
n0FE5sD.png
before
pFjC7bm.png
after

EDIT: tried 3DS max 2017, still the same issue.

Last edited by CorBond57,

Bamelin

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Any reason I might be getting results like this? Ive asked on gamebanana and discord with no response. This is my last hope.
A little late, but is the model triangulated? If the model is on quads, half of the triangles seem to be skipped during the conversion and thus disappear on the final model.

Now for my issue. My models import correctly, however the UV maps completely break in the generated .nud.
Is there any reason why this happens and is there any solution to this (aside from exporting to .3ds and reimporting, it breaks more stuff than it fixes)
I'm running 3DS Max 2015 for those wondering.
n0FE5sD.png
before
pFjC7bm.png
after

Yeah, this is happening to me too. Multitexture models also only load one texture unless I break them into individual objects. But you can still see the UV distortion going on.
b.jpg

Here's one where the textures loaded correctly after I separated each object with a different texture, but the UV maps are still messed up:
stg2.jpg

I got 3DS Max 2015 too, should I get an older version?

EDIT: Got 3DS Max 2010, the problem is still happening.

Last edited by Bamelin,

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i've this error and i can't get rid of this for all my mmd models imports

C:\Users\pikachuk\Desktop\Sm4shExplorer-master\Fighter Creator>nud_createbone.py dope.csv
0x41f10
0x83e2
0x4b0L
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\pikachuk\Desktop\Sm4shExplorer-master\Fighter Creator\NUD_CreateBone.py", line 155, in <module>
write16be(nud,facesTotalArray[x]*3)
File "C:\Users\pikachuk\Desktop\Sm4shExplorer-master\Fighter Creator\util.py", line 32, in write16be
file.write(struct.pack(">H", val))
struct.error: 'H' format requires 0 <= number <= 65535

and that's not a vertice or face problem
Sans_titre_5.jpg

what could i do ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/zt9KMvI-kQs?si=o7yb3GlzURRtZh0o