Homebrew [Release] NTR Debugger v1.0.0

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Where can I find a version that works on Gateway 3.0.0? And can you please post the source?
There isn't one that works on GW 3.x only 2.2. It's annoying having to update the FPGA every time you switch between 2.2 and 3.x, but right now there's no other option.

I'm not near my computer right now, but I *think* the source for ntr debugger is included with the cheat plugin source released here.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
There isn't one that works on GW 3.x only 2.2. It's annoying having to update the FPGA every time you switch between 2.2 and 3.x, but right now there's no other option.

I'm not near my computer right now, but I *think* the source for ntr debugger is included with the cheat plugin source released here.
well, yeah you can just switch between this and 2.7 and not have to update the FPGA, 2.7 is pretty much the same as 3.0.x except it only works for 4.x systems

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well, yeah you can just switch between this and 2.7 and not have to update the FPGA, 2.7 is pretty much the same as 3.0.x except it only works for 4.x systems
An excellent suggestion, I hadn't thought of that.

I'm going to do that myself, there's no need to run GW 3.x when my sysNAND is on 4.5.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
An excellent suggestion, I hadn't thought of that.

I'm going to do that myself, there's no need to run GW 3.x when my sysNAND is on 4.5.
yeah, i just have 1 sd with no emunand set up, and the ntr cfw....mainly for screenshots(no emunand means you can just remove the SD while in gateway mode and not be forced to reset), and another SD with 9.2 emunand and the 2.7 launcher...all working well, at least until the n3DS update is out.....but i have 2 cards anyway so i will just use the ntr cfw on my XL without updating the FPGA on my second card

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

All I see is the source for the plugin, nothing that seems big enough to be a CFW that can load plugins.

Also the reason I want one for gateway 3.0 is because I can't find 2.2 on Gateway's site.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All I see is the source for the plugin, nothing that seems big enough to be a CFW that can load plugins.

Also the reason I want one for gateway 3.0 is because I can't find 2.2 on Gateway's site.
Ha! I said nothing about a source for the CFW, that's not going to happen. Cell9 is anti-piracy, releasing the source for the CFW would almost certainly open the gates for a ROM loading plugin.

I was talking about the source for NTR Debugger being included with the plugin source. But I was wrong, it's not.

The download link for 2.2 however, is something that I can help you with. I had trouble figuring it out myself, but got there eventually. "GW_OMEGA_2.2_RELEASE" is the key you seek.

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha! I said nothing about a source for the CFW, that's not going to happen. Cell9 is anti-piracy, releasing the source for the CFW would almost certainly open the gates for a ROM loading plugin.

I was talking about the source for NTR Debugger being included with the plugin source. But I was wrong, it's not.

The download link for 2.2 however, is something that I can help you with. I had trouble figuring it out myself, but got there eventually. "GW_OMEGA_2.2_RELEASE" is the key you seek.

*facepalm* Seriously? There's already a CFW that can load ROMs, and there's also Gateway. Are there any similar projects that are open source? (Similar as in just something that loads and executes the same way, like a CFW.) If not, where should I start looking if I want to develop something like this? (Obviously nothing real advanced like this, at least not anytime soon.)

Thanks for the tip about Gateway 2.2 though.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
*facepalm* Seriously? There's already a CFW that can load ROMs, and there's also Gateway. Are there any similar projects that are open source? (Similar as in just something that loads and executes the same way, like a CFW.) If not, where should I start looking if I want to develop something like this? (Obviously nothing real advanced like this, at least not anytime soon.)

Thanks for the tip about Gateway 2.2 though.
A free, open source CFW/"emuNAND" solution is certainly the direction the community wants to go in, but it's going to be a slow process.

Those with the skills to make it happen won't help, and those with the most potential don't yet have the skills required.

At the top of the tree is the elite; half a dozen or so incredibly skilled hackers who have had their own private CFWs for up to a year or more, but none of them are willing to share their work publicly. Smealum is part of this group as he too has a private CFW which he won't share.

Then at a similar level you've got people like Yifan Lu, cell9 and again, Smea. While they are actively contributing to the community, all three are strongly anti-piracy and won't contribute anything that would directly lead to piracy.

Yifan Lu Stands out from this group, while he despises piracy, he also sees it as inevitable. So he's happy to document and share his discoveries, not worrying about what those discoveries may lead to in the future.

Reactions: flarn2006

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A free, open source CFW/"emuNAND" solution is certainly the direction the community wants to go in, but it's going to be a slow process.

Those with the skills to make it happen won't help, and those with the most potential don't yet have the skills required.

At the top of the tree is the elite; half a dozen or so incredibly skilled hackers who have had their own private CFWs for up to a year or more, but none of them are willing to share their work publicly. Smealum is part of this group as he too has a private CFW which he won't share.

Then at a similar level you've got people like Yifan Lu, cell9 and again, Smea. While they are actively contributing to the community, all three are strongly anti-piracy and won't contribute anything that would directly lead to piracy.

Yifan Lu Stands out from this group, while he despises piracy, he also sees it as inevitable. So he's happy to document and share his discoveries, not worrying about what those discoveries may lead to in the future.

It's more than inevitable; it's already happening. Cell9 and Smealum need to understand that and not be afraid to release things.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It's more than inevitable; it's already happening. Cell9 and Smealum need to understand that and not be afraid to release things.
They are most likely fully aware that its inevitable, but if I'm driving down a road and see a cat, should I think "oh I don't agree with killing cats, but it's most likely going to get hit anyway so I might as well hit it myself"

Reactions: Zidapi

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are most likely fully aware that its inevitable, but if I'm driving down a road and see a cat, should I think "oh I don't agree with killing cats, but it's most likely going to get hit anyway so I might as well hit it myself"
Bad analogy: there's still a chance the cat wouldn't get hit if you don't do it yourself, and you hitting the cat wouldn't help anyone.

Spzjulien

Trophies
XP
Country
France
when i ty to use continueprocess() command , seem not working

> continueprocess()
name 'continueprocess' is not defined

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users