ROM Hack [Release] Monster Hunter Double Cross English UI Patch

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
On O3DS yes, but if you find a CIA with the patch included (eg: 1.2 update+V4 patch), you can skip using LayeredFS so you can use cheats just fine. On N3DS you can use both LFS and cheats without issues though.
Yeah, i've found and tested a pre-patched 1.2 update with translation and for o3ds users like me is the best choice.

Nagakure

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like am idiot needing to ask, but once we have the file in our SD card, how do you get it to work on the Switch?

Vegito727

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh I need help with something..a while back in February I started up my 2ds to play mhxx and when I played it, it switched back to Japanese, as like the English patch wasn't installed. I checked the files, and the English patch is still (supposedly) attached to the game. Is there a reason this happened?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Uh I need help with something..a while back in February I started up my 2ds to play mhxx and when I played it, it switched back to Japanese, as like the English patch wasn't installed. I checked the files, and the English patch is still (supposedly) attached to the game. Is there a reason this happened?
How did you apply it, using Luma LayeredFS or CIA? Which version of the patch are you using? If you update the game but not the patch, it stops working. If you have game patching disabled in Luma options when you are using LayeredFS, it won't apply the patch. If using a CIA, perhaps you got a wrong one, so find a new one.

Vegito727

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you apply it, using Luma LayeredFS or CIA? Which version of the patch are you using? If you update the game but not the patch, it stops working. If you have game patching disabled in Luma options when you are using LayeredFS, it won't apply the patch. If using a CIA, perhaps you got a wrong one, so find a new one.
I have game patching on in LayeredFS and im not sure about the version so I will need to check once I get home

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have game patching on in LayeredFS and im not sure about the version so I will need to check once I get home
It is currently Version 1.2.0 but it doesn't say "Dasding Eng Patch v4" anymore
Try redownloading the patch files in case you have v3 or generally an old version that doesn't support the 1.2 update and try again. If it doesn't work, make sure that game patching is really on in the Luma settings. Other solution would be to find a CIA install of the patch (so you won't need to use LayeredFS).

Vegito727

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try redownloading the patch files in case you have v3 or generally an old version that doesn't support the 1.2 update and try again. If it doesn't work, make sure that game patching is really on in the Luma settings. Other solution would be to find a CIA install of the patch (so you won't need to use LayeredFS).
Sorry, I'm so stupid. I didn't know I had to re-enable game patching after Luna updated. It's working now, but thanks for the help!

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry, I'm so stupid. I didn't know I had to re-enable game patching after Luna updated. It's working now, but thanks for the help!
Every time you update Luma, you lose the settings, as they are stored all in the same file as Luma itself. Keep that in mind in the future.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What is your guys plan now with Generations Ultimate being announced? Are you going to keep working on the English Patch?
Work on this has already been completed, so there's nothing to work on now. You can easily play through the game without any issues, so they don't need to do anything more. On top of that, this is for the 3DS, NOT the Switch, making the question irrelevant.

Reactions: chirogan

PlasmicNeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Work on this has already been completed, so there's nothing to work on now. You can easily play through the game without any issues, so they don't need to do anything more. On top of that, this is for the 3DS, NOT the Switch, making the question irrelevant.
Oh... well, disregard my question then

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hmmm. The translation is fully functional and the important stuffs got translated. The dialogues however are not translated so hopefully we get it when the official xx release for the west in the switch launches. :)

Last edited by chirogan,

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hmmm. The translation is fully functional and the important stuffs got translated. The dialogues are not so hopefully when we got an official release for the west in the switch this would get included as well. :)
What do you mean exactly? Taking the dialogue from the game would be copyright infringement, reason the low/high rank translation wasn't taken from Generations for this. You have to do your own translation in order to be able to legally share it with others. Translation for this was from scratch, but with simply taking hints/cues from Gen, I assume, for some of the parts.

Reactions: chirogan

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
What do you mean exactly? Taking the dialogue from the game would be copyright infringement, reason the low/high rank translation wasn't taken from Generations for this. You have to do your own translation in order to be able to legally share it with others. Translation for this was from scratch, but with simply taking hints/cues from Gen, I assume, for some of the parts.
Never thought of Copyright Infringement. Thanks.

Yes. I was refering to Dialogue translation and thought a fully translated rom would be sweet but this will do. Just not for new gamers in the series. :D.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1