ROM Hack [Release] Monster Hunter Double Cross English UI Patch

Jesus10101

lord and savior
Trophies
XP
Country
So i know you need the latest patched mhxx but when nintendo updates it it says it in the downloads but it never updates the actual game it just says this game needs an update. is there a way around this?
It depends on how you got access to the game.

If you pirated MHXX on a CFW 3DS, then you will need to find a .cia file of the update and install it with FBI or whatever you use. You must find this yourself and we cant help you here.

If you are playing an physical version with a USA/EUR 3ds and Homebrew, then I am afraid you can not access the patch. The best thing to do from here get CFW on your 3ds, dump the game and install it and then find the update file and install that as well.

If you have a Japanese 3ds or have changed your 3DS's region to gain access to the Japanese E-shop then you can download and install the patch from there.

Line

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm going to post this here in the hopes it helps someone else. If you try running the patcher and it hangs when it's trying to write the files, make sure you don't have the DEMO of the Monster hunter XX installed. If you have the demo installed and the actual game, the patcher won't work.

Really? Because I still have the MHXX SP Demo on my 3DS and I always run the patcher for MHXX full game without any trouble at all.

Organic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should give us more info so we can help you troubleshoot.
I update Double Cross then I manually put layeredfs.plg file in the plugin folder. Now when I turn on boot ntr cfw selector I got
Load failed ! #FILEOPEN_FAILURE #LOAD_AND_EXECUTE message

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm playing my game in Japanese region free threw homebrew on a US 3DS running 11.3 FW, is there any way I can download the 1.1 update and play online? I don't need the English patch just the actual game update, I really don't mind playing it in Japanese I just want to be able to hunt online with friends
11.4 was released yesterday/today. Also a 11.3 hack is available now. Check 3ds.guide

sycpter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Of course the Gen cheat plugin won't work, it's a different game.
no
I mean I'm already have 2 plugin
one for gen and one for this
the one for gen everything work properly but for for xx I can access the menu but freeze when you try active some

I get the plugin in here

HeroPrinny

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think I need help.

Got the Physical Cart when it came out. Installed the UI translation patch.
Been fine
Update to 1.1.0 by getting the update CIA and installing it
Re-Do the UI patch for 2.1
Boot and singleplayer works fine
However when I go on online and create a hub when someone joins the game just instantly locks up.
Whats gone wrong?
Even with the english patch pre installed to the patch it freezes.

Last edited by HeroPrinny,

Kyrara

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no
I mean I'm already have 2 plugin
one for gen and one for this
the one for gen everything work properly but for for xx I can access the menu but freeze when you try active some

I get the plugin in here

Is your cheat plugin for the Version 1.1?

jinthan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any further news on update for this? Let us know if you need help with the translation (you know, when you guys posted the items that needed translation in google docs - like with MHX)

Tech0verlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, seeing as there might be another possible method to use this patch soon, I would like to bring this up. Soon enough, Luma CFW is getting a stable build that officially releases LayeredFS. What this does is similar to what the NTR Plugins does, redirect romfs file calls to the SD card, basically eliminating the need to use NTR to launch the English patch. Problem is, when I try to use it with this patch, the 3ds hangs infinitely at the loading screen. I went ahead and posted an issue on the Luma github, but would like the devs of this patch to know as well, as the problem could be caused by either end.

Line

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You know, after seeing so many people hanging at loading screen, I gotta say, about 3 days ago it happened when I was booting mhxx as well.
It happened about 4 times until it finally booted normally. When I turned it off in order to get my screen shots moved to my pc and went to boot it again the same happened.
It then started working normally again all by itself. Not sure if it relates but seeing as it was behaving the same way I thought I'd share.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi