Hacking [Release] lesshax - CFW Optimized 9.2 Payload

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Silly question, are there any downsides to using 2.1 as a base instead of 2.5?
If it's only used for booting cfw it's great and at lot more stable(no yellow screens) things like retroarch won't run but you could easily add cia hbl into emunand to run the 2.5 payloads.

Reactions: peteruk

gameking66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was gonna go to bed, but it seems like 9.0 support is pretty high in demand. I'll throw up a compile for that version in the next hour or two if I'm not asleep.

If it's only used for booting cfw it's great and at lot more stable(no yellow screens) things like retroarch won't run but you could easily add cia hbl into emunand to run the 2.5 payloads.
I totally forgot about this, you're right. If you run HBLauncher as a CIA you lose ZERO compatability with homebrew!

Last edited by gameking66,

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks i like it, works great. the website is really nice too.
it shaved 3 seconds off my boot time from 26 to 23 which seems pretty good.

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested on my 9.2 US N3DS. I ended up just using a hex editor to change which .3dsx it boots so I could use the same filenames as I have been. Seems to work perfectly and looks very clean! No weird flashes of debug screens. Great job!

Last edited by Ryft,

gameking66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2.1 payloads can be created yourself using @zoogie offline themehax installer. Just run that then change the name to the rop.bin that menuhax already uses.
This is not ninjhax 2.1. It is simply BASED off of it because it was the most stable with 9.0 - 9.2. It includes improvements and fixes not found in 2.1 - mainly smea's own patches backported to 2.1 and the removal of unused hb services.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
This is not ninjhax 2.1. It is simply BASED off of it because it was the most stable with 9.0 - 9.2. It includes improvements and fixes not found in 2.1 - mainly smea's own patches backported to 2.1 and the removal of unused hb services.
Thanks I will give it go. I've been using 2.1 for my menuhax I've never used 2.5 cause of it constantly crashing. There is downsides obviously with certain games and apps not running from 2.1 but booting emunand it's perfect. I just have hbl cia if I want to use with 2.5.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Gave this a go on my JPN O3DS w/ 9.2. Dropped the appropriate ropbinpayload in the root of the SD and renamed the boot manager to less.3dsx. Unfortunately it seems to display an error message when attempting to load the payload.

Probably an error on my part, but though I'd mention because I'm actually using a Japanese O3DS.

gameking66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gave this a go on my JPN O3DS w/ 9.2. Dropped the appropriate ropbinpayload in the root of the SD and renamed the boot manager to less.3dsx. Unfortunately it seems to display an error message when attempting to load the payload.

Probably an error on my part, but though I'd mention because I'm actually using a Japanese O3DS.
What's the error message? I'll look into it. I figured if it was gonna flunk on a system it would be on the JPN one.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What's the error message? I'll look into it. I figured if it was gonna flunk on a system it would be on the JPN one.
In Japanese, but it's the generic error message telling you that an error has occured, to turn off the system using the power button, and to contact Nintendo custom support.

Attachments

• IMG_0196.JPG
    IMG_0196.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 383

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just tried it. Can't tell if the boot rate is better from one use, but at least it didn't fail, so it seems to do the job, thanks :P
Waiting for the 9.0 version too, for my N3DS :)

tranxuanthang

Trophies
XP
Country
Hope 9.0 build will come out soon. Very long time ago I updated my 3ds from 4.x to 9.2 (with 9.2 update package) but ended up with 9.0.0-20U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The shameful part is, I fell so in love with her mask. If I could find the real woman she pretended to be I would die for her without a moments hesitation.
    Truly loved what was never there
    I would have fought demons, gods, armies.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Be gentle, I've never done this before." What, biatch you got 3 kids already. Lol, I know loves sucks hard when bad, but really good when good.
    +2
    Lol BigOnYa I hear "I don't usually do sex on the first date" like every 2 to 3 weeks now...
    +1
    I never quite know how to respond lol
    Apparently saying nothing is the correct response lol
    I know they be lying but damn I need something
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You say " is your boyfriend gonna stay and watch, or should I call A cab for him"
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Psionic Roshambo I have alot of family that lives in St pete, Clearwater, Tampa area, what part of FL you in?
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    what is good, family
    Elfers Florida lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Where is that, city close to
    Lived in Hudson from 1999-2023
    Like hmm 45 minutes north of Tampa
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is nice down there, better than Ohio where I am, but I can't take the heat, year round
    Yeah the next 4 months pretty much suck
    Ohio I have been too a few times
    +1
    Born in Michigan and moved to Florida at 16 lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm near Columbus, suburbs called Hilliard.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    are you doxxing yourselves?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, I mean I'm in north Korea
    Lol Doxing is for people with something to hide
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Someone doxxed me on here before because they were upset about a moderating decision I made lul
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Someone doxxed me on here before because they were upset about a moderating decision I made lul