Homebrew Official [Release] kit-kat 2.0 - Wireless Capture-card

GoldenEggwhich

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are essentially paying for what you can get for free , in the part of streaming since it is using software.

If you want real capture card lookup Katsukity and Loopy.
I have a "New" 3Ds XL, but I'm not comfortable messing with the software or hardware myself. And I think the modded one I found was cheaper than Kity or Loopy. I just need to know if the software they've suggested works because when I tried to download it on my computer it either said "incorrect parameter" or my security told me it (the kit-kat file) was infected with a virus.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a "New" 3Ds XL, but I'm not comfortable messing with the software or hardware myself. And I think the modded one I found was cheaper than Kity or Loopy. I just need to know if the software they've suggested works because when I tried to download it on my computer it either said "incorrect parameter" or my security told me it (the kit-kat file) was infected with a virus.

They work, but you can get them for free, since they are free software that people created, to use them on the 3ds you are required to have CFW. Software steaming on the 3ds is laggy compare to Katsukity and Loopy capture card.

GoldenEggwhich

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea Katsukity and Loopy are more expensive than Steaming Capture card (Non Hardware) on ebay.
Yeah, I can't really afford that, so I'm looking into the wireless options on Ebay. If I was comfortable doing it with my current device, it probably wouldn't cost anything more at this point, but messing with the software/hardware gives me a really hard time. I'm just trying to see if the software that has been suggested is actually safe because I tried downloading it, but my security software says it has a virus (or when I try to run it it says "incorrect parameters")

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I can't really afford that, so I'm looking into the wireless options on Ebay. If I was comfortable doing it with my current device, it probably wouldn't cost anything more at this point, but messing with the software/hardware gives me a really hard time. I'm just trying to see if the software that has been suggested is actually safe because I tried downloading it, but my security software says it has a virus (or when I try to run it it says "incorrect parameters")

Technically you do can it yourself, https://3ds.hacks.guide

No needs to pay someone couple hundred dollars for a 3ds and some free software. The guide is very understandable and brick proof if you follow everything correctly.

What you have is a New 3DS or New 3DS XL right?

D

Deleted User

I'm having an issue, whenever I boot kitkat I get a white screen (Yes, I'm using a new 3ds). Not sure why this is happening because I have my firewall turned off and my antivirus turned off. I also have my debugger on. Any suggestions?

Youabra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So it's been a while since i've used this and i was wondering, what are the best settings so that both the top and bottom screen are streamed with similar FPS?
I used to record without problems with my old laptop, but it died and i don't remember the settings i had. I've been trying to look for the configuration online, but i had no luck.
Any help?

edit: forgot to say that the n3ds has the lastest firmware (11.8).

Last edited by Youabra,

Sacajaweeaboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I use a screen recording service on my computer, will it capture the audio of the game as well or will I need to use a different capture software?

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I use a screen recording service on my computer, will it capture the audio of the game as well or will I need to use a different capture software?

If the screen recording service can record your desktop audio it will record it. You have to use an aux cable with your 3DS to record/stream any of it's audio to begin with.

HashBrownJM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this support external game pad support? Remote Redirection? The OLD version of KitKat I have does, but I'm also white screening of death, even though Pragma's KitKat works for me, but no gamepad support.

Can anyone assist? I still have the Remote Indirection CIA file. Using the white screen kitkat, I can see my Xbox Controller and my 8BitDo transmitter sending input, but no such option on Pragma's software. :\

TheRealMorganTubeHD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you don’t need to do anything fancy to record the Wii U for the 3ds you need to get a capture card and it’s very expensive to do so, the Wii U is easy to record
No, I Mean STREAM the 3DS on the Wii U. maybe even implement an InputRedirect Thing in there.

Last edited by TheRealMorganTubeHD,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I Mean STREAM the 3DS on the Wii U. maybe even implement an InputRedirect Thing in there.

There are already capture card for the 3DS and people with a Wii U they can use like an Elgato, I doubt someone would really bother to implement video output of 3DS game on to a Wii U just to be display on a screen too much work to ask.

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
User of Katsukity card here and it works fine. Tho some DS games give me audio crackling over USB (mostly DSi games, for some reason) and the Diff Signal Viewer image scaler just sucks.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not even sure if anyone sells 3ds capture cards now since Katsukity's shop is out of business. I would say Loopy, but his shop page hasn't been updated in years. But yeah only way to get a 3ds capture mod is if you solder in the kit yourself or buy one pre installed 2nd hand. Im glad I bought a vita capture from Katsukity they are just as rare now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool