metaboss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hydroseed
simple (cross platform) command line tool to download seeddb.bin files and export them to .dats.

why?
Many CIAs from the CDN require seeds to run. FBI can download seeds from the official servers, however that doesn't do much good if you don't have/want wireless connectivity. FBI can also import seeds from SD:/fbi/seed/<titleid>.dat, but collections of .dat files are hard to come by as other tools use seeddb.bin. Until FBI supports seeddb.bin files, hydroseed can help you out. Maybe you want everything needed to get the CIA going stored offline for infinity purposes or whatever.

hydroseed is very simple - it downloads seeddb.bin files from urls listed in a text file and dumps all seeds to ./fbi/seed/<titleid>.dat
  1. Download and extract the program
  2. Edit seedsources.txt to contain the urls to seeddb.bin files. One per line.
  3. Run the program.
  4. You now have a folder called fbi contianing a seed folder containing dats.
  5. Copy fbi folder to the root of your sd card.
  6. FBI will now import seeds from your sd card when installing CIAs or selecting import.

1.1 - Adds support for local files
1.0 - Initial Release

Downloads:
Source: https://github.com/metaboss/hydroseed
Binaries: https://github.com/metaboss/hydroseed/releases

Last edited by metaboss,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hydroseed
simple (cross platform) command line tool to download seeddb.bin files and export them to .dats.

why?
Many CIAs from the CDN require seeds to run. FBI can download seeds from the official servers, however that doesn't do much good if you don't have/want wireless connectivity. FBI can also import seeds from SD:/fbi/seed/<titleid>.dat, but collections of .dat files are hard to come by as other tools use seeddb.bin. Until FBI supports seeddb.bin files, hydroseed can help you out. Maybe you want everything needed to get the CIA going stored offline for infinity purposes or whatever.

hydroseed is very simple - it downloads seeddb.bin files from urls listed in a text file and dumps all seeds to ./fbi/seed/<titleid>.dat
  1. Download and extract the program
  2. Edit seedsources.txt to contain the urls to seeddb.bin files. One per line.
  3. Run the program.
  4. You now have a folder called fbi contianing a seed folder containing dats.
  5. Copy fbi folder to the root of your sd card.
  6. FBI will now import seeds from your sd card when installing CIAs or selecting import.

Downloads:
Source: https://github.com/metaboss/hydroseed
Binaries: https://github.com/metaboss/hydroseed/releases

is there a way to add pc file location for a seeddb.bin?

as i have now 2165 SEEDs

Last edited by Shadow#1,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is good! I had a python script that converted seeddb.bin files into dat files but this is nicer as it doesn't need Python3 to be installed and it can work with online seeddb.bin files.

mbirth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
This is good! I had a python script that converted seeddb.bin files into dat files but this is nicer as it doesn't need Python3 to be installed and it can work with online seeddb.bin files.

Do you know where to find that Python script as I prefer those to compiled binaries.

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
"
Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at hydroseed.Program.Main(String[] args)"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

From powershell. Just running it with cmd says unhandled exception.

Reactions: Pik4cu

LuckxD

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"
Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at hydroseed.Program.Main(String[] args)"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

From powershell. Just running it with cmd says unhandled exception.

Delete the other link in seedsources.txt, leave just the first one.

mikuheart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, im trying to use this program but keep getting the "Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at hydroseed.Program.Main(String[] args)"" error. I tried deleted the first link in the seedsources txt file and no luck. Any ideas? Im running windows 10 64bit. If anyone could tell me exactly what they typed into the command prompt, would be very helpful. thanks

Mysuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hello, im trying to use this program but keep getting the "Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at hydroseed.Program.Main(String[] args)"" error. I tried deleted the first link in the seedsources txt file and no luck. Any ideas? Im running windows 10 64bit. If anyone could tell me exactly what they typed into the command prompt, would be very helpful. thanks

For me i had to keep the title key site link and delete the other from github to make it work (do not forget to keep the /seeddb at the end of the link).

If you are still getting any error read this thread and follow the steps at the end to restore access to the title keys site: https://gbatemp.net/threads/freesho...s-will-no-longer-work-with-many-games.514400/

Last edited by Mysuke,

mikuheart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.