ROM Hack [Release] Go! Gateway - Offline exploit host on Android

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why do you need to access to the user's files in the new version??
Now i can't install it because my mobile was controlled by my job domain's server and they don't allow any app that "can read/write files to the system".

Maybe other ppl don't want their files to be "controlled" by the app :S

I didn't think about that, it's for the auto update feature, Android won't install an APK located on the internal storage so I must put it on external

I know there is not the right place to ask but .. whow to install it from .apk ?

There is a lot of tutorials on the net, basically you just need to download it from your device and open it with a file explorer (like ES) :) Be sure to allow it in the system settings tho (something like unknown application sources)

Reactions: Sliter

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
I just can't get this to work.
i9300 CM11

I've tried 2 different 3DS's at different firmware and always get "Error Code: 003-3401"
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I even tried deleting the web settings and still nothing.

StarPlatinum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why do you need to access to the user's files in the new version??
Now i can't install it because my mobile was controlled by my job domain's server and they don't allow any app that "can read/write files to the system".

Maybe other ppl don't want their files to be "controlled" by the app :S

Is your application so bad that you need to use this one?

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just can't get this to work.
i9300 CM11

I've tried 2 different 3DS's at different firmware and always get "Error Code: 003-3401"
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I even tried deleting the web settings and still nothing.

In the Settings try this:
uncheck "start server on startup"
check "close everything after the exploit..."
uncheck "don't alter the system hotspot"
and make sure under "edit launcher filename" you see Launcher.dat

I have noticed on my GS4 ASOPA (branched project of CM11) that letting the server start on startup gives a "192.x.x.x" IP which fails every time.
If I run the app, give it a couple seconds and then press the "start server" button I get an IP of "10.x.x.x" and the exploit works fine.
Checking "close everything after exploit runs" will give you an indication if the offline server even sent the full exploit data to the 3DS (won't quit until it does) and unchecking "don't alter system hotspot" guarantees the app can configure the hotspot correctly since the most common association with your listed error code is hotspot configuration compatibility with 3DS supported modes and we know when the app controls the config it's set correctly or nobody would likely get this thing to work right. The launcher having the right name seems obvious but make sure it's as listed above in your app and the file on your large SD card is named the same.

This app should definitely work on your phone.

P.S.: Make sure you're running Cyanogen Mod Milestone 12 for your phone (CM11 M12, released Nov. 15th, 2014). It contains stability fixes for cellular data, wifi & bluetooth.

Hope this helps you.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In previous versions where you had to start the server manually, everything worked great. But now that the server auto-starts, I see my hotspot prompt that it's starting but it doens't actually start. I have to go into my settings > hotspot and manually turn it on. Not sure what may have changed with the app behavior but my hotspot doesn't auto-turn on any longer.

Galaxy S5 using Verizon baked in hotspot in the phone settings > More Networks section.

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In previous versions where you had to start the server manually, everything worked great. But now that the server auto-starts, I see my hotspot prompt that it's starting but it doens't actually start. I have to go into my settings > hotspot and manually turn it on. Not sure what may have changed with the app behavior but my hotspot doesn't auto-turn on any longer.

Galaxy S5 using Verizon baked in hotspot in the phone settings > More Networks section.

The code which enables the hotspot didn't change so I don't know what causes that, you can always disable the auto start from the options menu :)

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The code which enables the hotspot didn't change so I don't know what causes that, you can always disable the auto start from the options menu :)

Awesome, I bet that will fix it. Didn't know there was an options, curse the new Android and having to hold the old options button. I hate how it brings up running apps now instead!

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's weird, on my device with Android 5.0.1 the option menu is displayed in the action bar

Yeah I do see it up there, but for any apps that don't have an option bar, the settings button needs to be help down. It may just be S5 specific, but I know I need to hold it down to get to additional options in my touchdown email app for work.

BTW - i disabled autostart on the app, clicked stop server and start server again and the hotspot started up correctly. Thanks for the suggestion!

Reactions: natinusala

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
A question. Don't know if it's answered before but could this work on an Android Emulator? Like Genymotion etc?

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
I have noticed on my GS4 ASOPA (branched project of CM11) that letting the server start on startup gives a "192.x.x.x" IP which fails every time.
If I run the app, give it a couple seconds and then press the "start server" button I get an IP of "10.x.x.x" and the exploit works fine.
Thanks for the tips. Results are in. (BTW: using 11-20141115-SNAPSHOT-M12-i9300)
Using the tethering hotspot never works. I get the 192.xxx.xxx.xxx address and the 3DS is never able to connect just like you suggest. I just get a "Communication error" and it stops.
The thing is, if you don't alter the hotspot, it's just using whatever wireless network you normally use. If you're at home/work/McDonalds then you've got a connection to the internet anyway (probably)... So you wouldn't even need the phone as a pass through.
I turned the internet off from my router (but kept the network up) and the exploit works from my phone as expected. Awesome.
Deleted my network info so my phone wouldn't connect to any network or have internet and the application will just wait at "waiting for network" and never give a QR code.
This just seems off.
natinusala any chance you can comment?

EDIT: I've tried a bunch off different tests for different settings. It will ONLY work when my phone is connected to a wireless network. Never works via moble data (3G/4G/etc) or via hotspot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @btjunior sure, that'll cost you death