Homebrew [Release] freeShop - open source eShop alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly, I'd love if the dev could add a way for us to get updates, as i'm currently banned and can't get updates anymore. I'm sure there is plenty of people in the same boat aswell.
If you are banned and the game is in the same region, you can install updates.

MarzDaindigo

Indigo Marz - No HooX
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting pretty irritated cuz it literally just started doing this and ive uninstalled refreshed qr installed all that

Attachments

• 20161222_075244_HDR.jpg
    20161222_075244_HDR.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 363

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
Getting pretty irritated cuz it literally just started doing this and ive uninstalled refreshed qr installed all that

Have you tried downloading a previous version (e.g 2.1), installing it and then using it? It will update by itself and should work.

Reactions: MarzDaindigo

Jubash

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello!
My freeShop suddenly stopped working. When loading game list the app crashes with the message "An Error has occurred, the system will now restart".
It was working fine some days ago, when I last opened it. I don't know if it is something with new title keys or what. Nothing on my system changed (I updated FBI to 2.4.4 if it's relevant to the diagnostic). I use the latest firmware with the latest Luma CFW, via a9lh. I update Luma with Luma Updater, not Star Updater.
Already tried reinstalling the app, deleting the freeShop data folder and readding the title keys from that title keys website. The app opens normaly without any title keys inserted.

Someone experiencing the same or knows how to fix it? Thanks!

Reactions: TheLittlestBowl

Darkestnoir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello!
My freeShop suddenly stopped working. When loading game list the app crashes with the message "An Error has occurred, the system will now restart".
It was working fine some days ago, when I last opened it. I don't know if it is something with new title keys or what. Nothing on my system changed (I updated FBI to 2.4.4 if it's relevant to the diagnostic). I use the latest firmware with the latest Luma CFW, via a9lh. I update Luma with Luma Updater, not Star Updater.
Already tried reinstalling the app, deleting the freeShop data folder and readding the title keys from that title keys website. The app opens normaly without any title keys inserted.

Same here, it was working fine one hour ago...
When i delete all files in 3ds/data it starts again but after scanning the QR and restart, it crashes again.
Video:
https://filetrip.net/view?4tcmLacyFt

I also found this:
QDH04kp.jpg
The info about the encTitleKeys.bin is cut on the upper screen.

Last edited by Darkestnoir,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
FreeShop keeps closing with "an error has occurred..." etc. It always happens during "Loading game list" on startup. It is fine if I clear the data off the SD card and set the titlekeys QR code. I am currently backing up the data and am going to format the SD card again in case that helps.

Edit: reformatting the SD card did not work. And there's no log or anything to look through :-/

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Takeshineale128

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

Same launched freeshop on both 3ds (old - original and xl) and both crashed. Don't know how to fix it.

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, so this isn't some sort of error on my side only? It was working perfectly fine the other day, and I idly wondered if there was a specific game, upon opening FreeShop "extracting" results in FreeShop freezing and 3ds "system must restart" error. Good grief. Everything's going down lately.

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking at the error now, not sure yet what it is. Will probably affect anyone auto-updating title keys.

Well my error changed, now it runs after reinstalling but I've got an error about "No title keys found" so I'm thinking you're on the right track.

revilococo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey... It keeps saying that an error occurred, forcing the system to reboot... There's a short loading screen, wherein the title keys are downloaded, but after that, it kicks me out. Any advice?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey... It keeps saying that an error occurred, forcing the system to reboot... There's a short loading screen, wherein the title keys are downloaded, but after that, it kicks me out. Any advice?
It's being looked into if you read the previous posts before this. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gotta catch em all lol